Dishanywhere on Amazon Firestick Guide Options?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dishanywhere on Amazon Firestick Guide Options?

rclason1
Extra

Is there a way to change the preset Guide options when using the Dish Anywhere app on an Amazon Firestick? For example, can you add a favorites only channels option like you can do on the Hopper DVR guide? I've tried talking with Dish suport and they were unable to help me, suggested I call Amazon for support which I will do, but this is an App issue I think and not a hardware issue and Dish should support the anywhere Dish app on Firestick.

TY,

Roy

3 Replies

Re: Dishanywhere on Amazon Firestick Guide Options?

DISH Employee

Hello, Roy! With our DISH Anywhere APP, we do have the option to create a Favorites list. It should be the same process on the Firestick APP. When you are on the Guide, at the top there should be a drop down arrow next to the word "All". This will give you a list of guide options and at the bottom it should say "Edit Favorites". Once I created it, I did have to exit the APP and then relaunch it to be able to access the Favorites list I created.

LLS1242
Extra

Apparently they dish does NOT offer this option on Fire TV.  It is only available in the Mobile App... 

Even if you create multiple profiles with separate favorites list, you can only see them on a phone or tablet.

For some reason, this has not been made available on the Fire TV App.

Id10ts at the Dish call-center told me to stream on my device and then cast to my tv.

If that's the case, then what the h3ll is the point of getting the app on Fire TV?

Yet another BS failing of the Dish Corp.  

DISH Employee

I can definitely pass feedback along that you'd like to see this feature added, LLS1242! Please send me a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN so I can add the request with your account.

You can view step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039