Dishanywhere not working on Windows

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dishanywhere not working on Windows

k8conant
Extra
Nothing's working for Mac os 10.12.1 and Safari and Chrome on MacBook either.

I just got a sling adapter today and when I chatted online with Dish I was told I wasn't able to watch live TV because I was using a MacBook!!! (and that someday it'd work :lol: ) Now I see it's an across-the-board problem with dish anywhere.com. I reset router, receiver (4 times), cleared both Safari and Chrome browsers, and rebooted my MacBook 3 times before I found this in the forum.

Boo, Dish! (Yes, my iPhone app works ok but I don't want to watch on that little screen)

k8conant
Extra
Matt G wrote:
Unfortunately there is no where I can refer you to to get a status update. Issues like this can take a bit to figure out. I'd give it a month and then check back here and we can see if it is still occurring

A month???? :oops:

allenfamdish
Extra
I have also been having issues. Whenever I try to log on it pops up with an error code 7009. I tried chatting with a representative from dish about the issue. All he told me was it was a browser issue. He offered no explanation, or possible solution besides just "it's a browser issue". I currently use Chrome so I tried both Firefox and Internet Explorer and both had the same result. So I don't understand how this could be a browser issue, if it just straight up won't work with any browser. This is ridiculous that we as customers are given an extra option to watch programming and it not even work. And that representatives don't seem to care or be doing anything to change or fix the problem.

Justwantittowork
Character Actor
Seems to be fixed now...

martinidrinker
Character Actor
utahphotogirl wrote:
Okay so it's not just me - just within the last week all my DVR shows are showing "this recording is not eligible for online payback". What happened? Why has this changed? So frustrated

It's not just you. I am having the same issue. There are over 10 recent recordings on my DishAnywhere app on my Windows laptop where I receive the error message: "This recording is not eligible for online playback." I have contacted online and phone customer service. They couldn't find a solution. The customer service rep on the phone said he submitted the issue to engineering, but they wouldn't contact me when it was resolved.

nyfarmgirl
Extra
This is so frustrating. I'm getting more and more of my recordings marked as "not eligible for online playback". I sure hope Dish is working harder behind the scenes to fix this problem than it appears they are.

martinidrinker
Character Actor
nyfarmgirl wrote:
This is so frustrating. I'm getting more and more of my recordings marked as "not eligible for online playback". I sure hope Dish is working harder behind the scenes to fix this problem than it appears they are.

It's totally frustrating. I specifically upgraded to the Hopper to be able to use DishAnywhere, but I continue to be unable to access most of my recorded programs, whether they're personalized timers or PrimeTime Anytime.

ddaymn
Extra
I am seeing the same the new Dish Player was released. One month is unacceptable!

ddaymn
Extra
So here is a workaround use the old version [url:2ejikp2a]http://www.dishanywhere.com/sling-autoupdate/DAND/Win/1.1.0.384/DishAnywhere-Desktop.exe[/url:2ejikp2a]

You also need to block autoupdate.sling.com using your hosts file or router settings. This host is used for checking for updates.

pblanton
Extra
I started having sort of the same problem when the Dish player took an online update last Tuesday. My [Watch] button is fine and when I click it, the player pops up and connects to the receiver and plays. Then after a few seconds, it stops playing and says, "Please click on Live TV or select a program to start streaming."

[img:jj4v4gjm]https://content.screencast.com/users/pblanton/folders/Snagit/media/4a37cdfd-fc2a-430b-9293-4c3f4a1e6b71/03.13.2017-15.51.png[/img:jj4v4gjm]

Of course I have and it played for a few seconds before shutting down the stream and showing me that message.

Here's a video of me trying to use it. You can see what's happening.

[url:jj4v4gjm]https://www.screencast.com/t/AnlFJTD1DO[/url:jj4v4gjm]