Dishanywhere not working on Windows

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dishanywhere not working on Windows

Justwantittowork
Character Actor
I am unable to watch live TV or recordings from http://www.dishanywhere.com. Issues began yesterday, and continue today. The "watch" button is greyed out when trying to watch a live channel from the guide. When I attempt to watch a recorded show, the SlingPlayer app opens, has a diaglog box that says "Take your tv everywhere you go - You could be watching your TV on this computer with a Sling Adapter. Would you like to learn more?". I click close, and the SlingPlayer app now displays "Connected to R19********. Please select a program to start streaming." (...which I had already done). I have rebooted, logged out and back in, uninstalled and reinstalled the SlingPlayer, rebooted my Hopper3, did a partial reset on the Hopper 3, all of which have not worked. Interestingly enough, the http://www.dishanywhere.com website used to have a "Live TV" button when you first log in, and it no longer does.
19 Replies

Re: Dishanywhere not working on Windows

Justwantittowork
Character Actor
Are Dish Network reps reading these? I just had an online chat with a rep, and she suggested I call Broadband support. I don't use Dish Network for broadband, and all of my other devices on my network as experiencing zero internet issues.

Hello, Dish?

Sorry that you did not get a response sooner. What browser are you using? Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies for it or trying a new browser?
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

Justwantittowork
Character Actor
Yes, I have done that as well. I have used both IE and Firefox.

Edit: I just downloaded Chrome, and experience the same issue.

How is your receiver connected to the internet? Are you trying to view content on the same network as the receiver or an outside one? Have you tried resetting the network connection at the receiver to make sure it is OK?

Justwantittowork
Character Actor
Connection at the receiver is good, status in menu confirms, as well as I can play on demand shows from the H3. I currently attempting to view content from a PC on the same network. Dishanywhere Accounts and Devices page shows receiver online (green dot).

This is something I do everyday; view live TV from a computer on the same network. The issue only started a few days ago. I hesitate to say, but in the interest of full disclosure, I have been having issues with the H3 for a few weeks now for known issues (duplicate recordings from manual timers, started 2/8, and timer creations fail, which was introduced with U344). I don't think this is related, as this dishanywhere issue only started a couple of days ago. FWIW, when I did the partial reset as a work around to the U344 issue, my receiver is now on U343.

It looks like we do have the "view option grayed out" listed as a known issue with no workaround listed. You may be able to view from a device such as a phone/tablet though. I would try that.

Justwantittowork
Character Actor
I will try that, however inconvenient. I pull up the news on my second computer, next to me while I work, to keep up with current events. Is there a place (later) to check on the status of this known issue, or just keep checking?

FYI, When I use firefox and change the user agent string to show the website that I am using MS Edge, the button is no longer greyed out, and the site asks me to install the slingplayer app (which I already have installed). So not functioning still, but leads me to believe it is something to do with your javascript looking for compatible browsers. When I change the user agent string to show osx/safari, I get the "This is not a compatible browser, but again, the "Watch" button is not greyed out.

Unfortunately there is no where I can refer you to to get a status update. Issues like this can take a bit to figure out. I'd give it a month and then check back here and we can see if it is still occurring
Highlighted

Okay so it's not just me - just within the last week all my DVR shows are showing "this recording is not eligible for online payback". What happened? Why has this changed? So frustrated