Dishanywhere Not Working on Kindle Fire HD

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dishanywhere Not Working on Kindle Fire HD

Harry
Character Actor
When I try to start up Dishanywhere on my Kindle Fire HD it says it can't load programs or it is not compatible with Slingplayer/Slingbox plugin. When I try to look for it in the Amazon app store to reinstall it, the app is no longer there. Is there a replacement for Dishanywhere for the Kindle Fire or is it no longer supported for the Kindle Fire?
6 Replies

Re: Dishanywhere Not Working on Kindle Fire HD

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Works on mine, & when I went to Amazon app store Dish Anywhere app showed up right away, it even works on Fire TV now.

Harry
Character Actor
That's really strange. When I go to the Amazon app store and search for Dish Anywhere, all I get is SlingPlayer Free. The thing is, the app used to work great before but, it seems like something changed or some component may have gotten whacked as it's all messed up now.

Harry
Character Actor
I tried downloading the APK Dish Anywhere file from apk4kindle.com and I get a parse error when trying to install it. Apparently, their version isn't set up to work on the HD.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
I have a Fire HD 7 (4th gen) which is an older one, plays just fine. Just checked & I did have to do a Fire software update (& reboot, DA app wasn't booting correctly), but it worked both before & after updating. Might try a reset, maybe something got corrupted. Not sure why you can't see the Dish Anywhere app in the store though.

If it helps I have Fire software ver 5.4.0.0, and DA app ver is 5.4.1.1.

Harry
Character Actor
Ah, that must be why you can see the app in the app store and I can't. Mine, is an HD 7 (2nd Generation) s/w ver.7.5.1_user_5174320. Nuts! My guess is, when Dish came up with the latest Hopper upgrade, they decided to drop support for the 2nd generation Kindle HD 7 because I know it was working fine back in December.

Harry
Character Actor
BTW, any forum moderators can chime in here. Can you tell me if they are going to have an updated version of the Dish Anywhere app for the 2nd generation HD 7?