DishAnywhere app not displaying video on recordings of Dish CD channels

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DishAnywhere app not displaying video on recordings of Dish CD channels

RKCRLR
Camera Crew

I've made recordings of some of the Dish CD channels so I can listen to the music when I'm not connected to the Internet.  

The audio plays fine but I get no video so I can't see the names of the artists or songs.  The video plays if I'm streaming live or watching the recording on the Hopper, just not once the recording has been transferred to my phone.  Video also works fine on standard recordings that have been transferred to my phone.  How do I correct this?  

Also, the skip forward and reverse buttons don't show in portrait mode, just in landscape mode.  Is there a setting I can make so I have access to the skip forward and reverse functions while in portrait mode?  

Thanks

6 Replies

Re: DishAnywhere app not displaying video on recordings of Dish CD channels

DISH Employee

Hey RKCRLR,  can you please ensure that Video Mode is not set to Audio Only (AO)? If it is not on AO, please try toggling from HQ to SQ or viceversa. 

RKCRLR
Camera Crew

RositaL

How do I get the Video Mode button to appear on transferred recordings?  I can get it to appear when I'm watching Live TV but it is not there when watching transferred recordings.  

Thanks

DISH Employee

When you select the Full Screen Icon, you will be able to select the Video Mode button. This will let you see which mode you are in. If you are in AO, select either SQ or HQ to see if this will help. 

RKCRLR
Camera Crew

LatrishaR

The Video Mode button is available to me in full screen mode when I'm streaming Live TV or DVR recordings.  However, it is not available to me when I'm playing a recording in full screen mode that I've transferred from my Hopper to my phone.  

DISH Employee

It looks like we need to go ahead and submit this issue to our Engineering Team so they can look into it further. Can you Private Message me with your phone number and 4-digit PIN so I can get it submitted on your account?

You can view step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

RKCRLR
Camera Crew

PM sent