cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

DishAnywhere Website DVR listings shows programs that are not recorded

DeadBeatNative
Character Actor

I recently received one of those worthless voice remotes in the mail.  I did not open it. I was going to send it back the following day.  The following morning my old remote refused to fucntion.  I changed the batteries.  I finally pressed the locate remote button, and the unopend box in the next room started beeping.  I opened the box and was going to unpair the new remote; however, this is when I discovered my tuner has been reset back to factory settings, including erasing the hard drive of all recorded content.  This is to explain why I have a blank DVR. (Why would someone deliberately erase all their recorded content?)

So long story short my DVR has nothing on it, as in 0% full.

So I am now away from home for a few nights.  I decide to try to setup new timers to record different tv series I want to continue following, and possibly rerecord some of the content that has been lost.  I login into DishAnywhere.com website.  What do I find under the DVR tab?  All of my recordings are still listed.

I have called tech support 15 times and supposedly they cannot find a problem because my tuner tells them remotely there are no recordings.  However, dishantwhere.com still shows all of my recording as if they are intact.  I cannot delete them, I cannot play them (obviously), I cannot set a timer to record a show that has been recorded before because dishanywhere thinks it has already been recorded and will not create a duplicate recording.

I was told to disconnected my Hopper from the internet for 48 hours(I left it unhooked for 8 days) with the understanding that when it reconnected the Hopper and DishAnyWhere account would re-sync.  Nope, that didn't work.

Next - "You need to do another Factory Reset on your tuner."  (This is what created the problem in the first place.)
We have tried that one 8 times now.  It takes roughly 49-95 minutes for that process to complete.

Any Suggestions?  Obviously advanced technical support has no idea how to fix this.

2 Replies

Re: DishAnywhere Website DVR listings shows programs that are not recorded

redlite
Audio Engineer

Thank you for posting about the remote. I immediately opened the box with the unwanted remote that I was sent and removed the batteries. So sorry that you lost all your programs.

Re: DishAnywhere Website DVR listings shows programs that are not recorded

DISH Employee

@DeadBeatNative I would be happy to take a look at your dish anywhere account and see if I can get a better understanding of what is occuring.  If possible could you send me a private message, and include the phone number on your dish account so that I could locate your account info?

If you have never sent a private message on this site before, here is a good guide on how to do so: 

https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/m-p/15039#M421