DishAnywhere Not Working After Windows 10 Update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DishAnywhere Not Working After Windows 10 Update

mdharr2
Extra
The dish anywhere player says the Plugin has crashed. The computer's event viewer has this info on the error:
Faulting application name: DishAnywherePlayer.exe, version: 1.1.6.424, time stamp: 0x5881fc94
Faulting module name: CompPkgSup.DLL, version: 10.0.14393.953, time stamp: 0x58ba5a1f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000346b
Faulting process id: 0x3074
Faulting application start time: 0x01d29f1c1b1e1a5c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DishAnywherePlayer\DishAnywherePlayer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\CompPkgSup.DLL
Report Id: 9be0b561-b294-49ef-9f27-35658ed91795
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I removed update KB4013429 and it started working again but the computer updated again and added it back and not it's not working again. The CompPkgSup.dll has a modified date of 3/4/2017 and when I uninstalled the update the date on that dll went to 3/16/2017. Now it is back to 3/4/2017. This appears to be a windows issue but I'm hoping that by posting this here Dish may have someone that can report this issue and get an update from Microsoft.
15 Replies

Re: DishAnywhere Not Working After Windows 10 Update

scrubbot
Extra
This works, backing out that update allows the player to work again. Its march 18th and still no live patch from Dish or from MS on this issue.

It will look like sits about to work, then it comes up with an error saying the plug-in has crashed, hit [Refresh].

And of course hitting refresh does nothing, it tries to reboot the plug in but fails every time.

Uninstall the KB update KB4013429 gets you back to viewing pleasure.

***Update*** As of Friday March 24th 8am pacific there is still no fix, uninstalling clearing cache does NOT work, there is a conflict in the DLL microsoft put into the cumulative patch that kills the flash.

-js

dfradkin28
Extra
I have a similar problem. I've been using Dish Anywhere with my Hopper 3 since August of 2016. I use it on 2 PC's and a Tablet. Recently on one of my Windows 10 PCs Dish Anywhere said there was an upgrade and to install it to continue. I did. Now when I select Live TV or select a program from the Guide, it connects to my Hopper and starts up the player window, which loads and shows approximately 5 Mbps speed. The program progress bar starts moving BUT it has a black screen and no sound. I followed all the troubleshooting, uninstalls, reinstall, clear cache etc. I even reinstalled Windows. NOTHING WORKS! Dish.

This PC worked for months until I accepted the upgrade. My other Windows 10 PC which I have not accepted the upgrade on, WORKS perfectly except for the annoying dialog box asking to upgrade. My bandwidth is 60MB ups and 35MB down and I have all Windows 10 patches up to date. Also if I watch other content like Movies which open a different viewer, they work fine. I've seen many users complaining of this exact same issue on the internet

Monday March 20 2017. I too have the same problem with Plugin Has Crashed. All 3 of my browsers. Has anyone received any notice of a fix for this yet?

Please do this. This is the workaround we have listed for this issue.

uninstall the plug in > clear cache for the browser > reinstall.

win10: settings>system>apps/features
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

mdharr2
Extra
Microsoft put out an update 3/20/2017 (KB4015438). This has taken care of the issue.

scrubbot
Extra
Uninstalling and clearing the cashe and reinstalling does NOT work. I have tried this three times just to be sure.

rhibby
Character Actor
I am totally confused on this issue. Is the problem with the plugin (which I assume is Adobe Flash player), the Dish Anywhere player or Windows 10? The most recent updates I find installed were for Adobe Flash player and Dish Anywhere player. I believe earlier in March there was also an automatic Windows update. I also tried the suggested work around with uninstall/reinstall of Adobe Flash player without success.

DISH Employee
rhibby wrote:
I am totally confused on this issue. Is the problem with the plugin (which I assume is Adobe Flash player), the Dish Anywhere player or Windows 10? The most recent updates I find installed were for Adobe Flash player and Dish Anywhere player. I believe earlier in March there was also an automatic Windows update. I also tried the suggested work around with uninstall/reinstall of Adobe Flash player without success.

I'm not sure exactly where the problem is, but this has been escalated so if the work-around doesn't work, we will have to wait for the fix to be determined and released.

DISH Employee
For Windows 10, select; settings>system>apps/features to see if this helps. If not please PM me with the phone number on the account so I can get you added to the report that was sent to Sling.