cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dish anywhere

Azwilly
Character Actor
Who else noticed Dish makes a big deal about ‘Dish Anywhere’ but fails to mention you MUST pay EXTRA for a Hopper/Joey? MISLEADING AT BEST! 😡😡😡😡
11 Replies

Re: Dish anywhere

Chadt4141
Production Manager
Because you can use DishAnywhere without a Hopper system... for the live tv function of it, requires a sling loaded receiver, but does not have to be a Hopper.

Azwilly
Character Actor

Exactly WHAT is a Sling loaded receiver? I was told by YOUR customer service that I had to buy a hopper! Give me an example of the device you say ISN’T a Dish device. This is no answer. The commercial says NOTHING about a sling  ‘enabled device’.

Chadt4141
Production Manager
The commercials on tv do say it...

But it has to be a Dish receiver. Current models are the VIP 722(k), Hopper1,2, and 3. The 722 requires a sling adapter.

Azwilly
Character Actor

EXACTLY! I have a 211k receiver! The receivers you mention cost EXTRA! Also the commercial says nothing about paying more money to use the service. Maybe you should watch the commercial.

Chadt4141
Production Manager
The commercial says a sling enabled receiver is required for live tv functions. You are correct, each of those is a DVR. If you want to continue using the 211 and place shift your programming, you can purchase a Sling Box and use their app. You should review the commercial again to see the fine print.

Azwilly
Character Actor

No ‘fine print’ on the commercial. I just saw one. Also the sling does NOT work on a 211k.

Chadt4141
Production Manager
Every commercial that talks about DA puts it in the fine print. Everyone of them.

The Sling Adapter does not work with the 211k. The Sling Box will. The Sling Box will not work through DA.

Azwilly
Character Actor

WRONG! I just saw a DA commercial with Josh Gates........NO FINE PRINT.

Chadt4141
Production Manager
Was this the one where they are in the rain, and on the side of a mountain? If so, if you watch it, they talk about the on demand part of Dish Anywhere, which you do not need any special equipment to use.