cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dish anywhere will not load on iPad Pro

DrBob
Extra

My Dish Anywhere quit working on my iPad Pro and IPhone  7plus last night.  It worked fine yesterday.  I deleted and reinstalled app, rebooted Hopper receiver, checked internet connection, rebooted all devices and still no luck.

app opens and says “signing in” but progress wheel just spins and spins and it never signs in.

7 Replies

Re: Dish anywhere will not load on iPad Pro

DISH Employee

Hi DrBob! I hate to hear that you are having some trouble with DISH Anywhere. Let's go ahead and take a look! 

Can you send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN so that we can see about getting that back up and runiing? 

boonedocks
Costume Designer

I am running iOS Beta 13 on both my iPhone X and my iPad Pro and have updated both to the latest version of Dish Anywhere 7.25.5.  

Both applications now go to the startup screen and shortly after signing in immediately crash to the desktop homescreen.  It exhibits the exact behavior on both devices.     Netfilix and Amazon Prime video both luanch and allow viewing of downloaded software to it is definitly someting on the Dish Anywhere app.   

I do realize I am running BETA software but wanted to make you guys aware of the bug that causes the app to crash on device running iOS 13.

If you have any suggestions or anything to try please let me know.

Thank you

Richard Boone

DISH Employee

Hey Richard! It seems like this is a known issue, and our Engineering Team is working on a resolution now. Thank you for letting us know you've been having the same issue, we'll make sure to pass it along.

boonedocks
Costume Designer

Recently updated the iPhone version to 7.26.0 and it still crashes on launch with iOS Beta 13.   

Just an FYI that the latest version still hasn't fixed the crash during login using Apple's Beta iOS 13

boonedocks
Costume Designer

Just installed the latest version iOS Beta 13 (7-19-19) and theh latest Dish Anywhere version 7.26.0 and the app still crasheas at login on both my iPhone AND iPad.    

Please update the app to work with Apples Beta iOS 13!1!!!

FA44
Extra

It's now October 1, 2019, and this problem still persists on my iPad Pro running iOS 13.1.2 with Dish Anywhere app running on version  7.27.4.    My specific problem is that as soon as I type the first letter of my username into the logon screen, the app crashes and returns me to my desktop.  I also tried using onscreen pairing and after I enter the onscreen code, the TV says I have paired successfully but the app on my iPad Pro indicates it was unsuccessful.  Does Dish still consider this a problem that is being worked on or is there a solution by now?

GaryAlabama
Extra

I'm having the exact same problems.  Obviously it must be a software problem.  It seem to start before IOS 13 came out.