Dish anywhere - unable to connect to your receiver

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish anywhere - unable to connect to your receiver

Sjmiller
Extra

I am brand new to dish.  I have a Hopper Duo.  Using Dish Anywhere on my up-to-date iPad.  When I click on ‘DVR’, it tries to connect, then fails with ‘We are unable to connect to your receiver’.

Also, when I choose a program from the Dish Anywhere guide and try to record it, it tells me it was successful. But when looking at the schedule on the hopper, I the program is not there.

Should these functions work with the Hopper Duo?

6 Replies

Re: Dish anywhere - unable to connect to your receiver

Chadt4141
Production Manager
Timer setting should work. Accessing your DVR or live tv, no. It is not sling enabled.

DISH Employee

Good evening, Sjmiller! The Hopper Duo is unable to stream live-TV or recordings from Dish Anywhere. You would also be unable to set recordings from the guide. You would need to manage your timers from the Hopper or Joey. 

However, you do still have access to the On Demand content available that you can stream on the app. You are also able to watch the Live-Stream channels. Those channels include: 

ET
Comedy Central
Cooking Channel
Country Music Television
DIY Network
Food Network
Home and Garden Television
Ingles Para Todos
Logo
MTV
MTV 2
Nick Jr.
Pac-12 Arizona
Pac-12 Bay Area
Pac-12 LA
Pac-12 Mountain
Pac-12 Oregon
Pac-12 Washington
Paramount Network
TeenNick
Travel Channel
TV Land
VH1

Sjmiller
Extra

Thanks for the answers.  It would be nice if the Dish Anywhere software simply didn’t give you options for things you can’t do. Or give you a clear error message that this is not supported by your hardware.  It knows what type of Hopper you have, so it seems this would be possible.

What Hopper versions support being able to use Dish Anywhere to look at the guide, and be able to set a program to record?  That minimal function would be very nice to have - I used to have it on my FIOS TV service, and was very useful for when you are away from home and have forgotten to record a show.

DISH Employee

That is not a problem, Sjmiller! To be able to access the Live TV, Guide, and Recordings, you would need to make sure that your Hopper has the Sling Technology either built-in or through an adapter. It would also need to have an internet connection.

Both our Hopper 3 and Hopper with Sling receivers have the Sling technology built in while the original Hopper will need an adapter connected at the back. 

Here is a link for the system requirements for DISH Anywhere to get the most of our your DISH Anywhere experience: https://www.mydish.com/support/services/tv/mobile-viewing/dish-anywhere/system-requirements. 

Chadt4141
Production Manager
I just want to clarify, because the 722k can set recordings without a sling adapter. As long as it was internet connected. I am just verifying that feature does not exist on the Duo?

DISH Employee

Good question Chadt4141. That is correct. With the Hopper Duo you cannot set, watch, or delete recordings but your can view/edit existing timers.