Dish anywhere stopped working after recent update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish anywhere stopped working after recent update

Asilver135
Extra

June 18, 2018 - I have my Dish through my Condo association.  About one month ago apparently Dish did an upgrade and now Dish Anywhere wil not let me transfer to my Ipad, cannot schedule my DVR from my ipad, cannot see live TV on my ipad. 

Dish said that Dish Anywhere  will not work on my system.   My Dish provider said Dish Anywere does not work for anyone since they upgraded. They said Dish is transitioning to the new system.  

Anyone having similar problems? 

Tags (1)
10 Replies

Re: Dish anywhere stopped working after recent update

Roadijeff
Audio Engineer

It is still working for me.  I'm at work right now and currently watching MASH on my laptop via Dish Anywhere.

Asilver135
Extra

Do you subscribe directly to Dish?  I have Dish through our Condo association.    At one point the Dish customer service said that nothing cold be done unless I was a direct Dish customer.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
You're probably considered a commercial account - which is different from a standard residential customer, might not have same benefits. DISH Anywhere has been working fine for me.

I’m a new user and have had trouble using Dish Anywhere on my iPhone and iPad. It tells me authentication failed invalid user name and password. And there’s some BS about not finding the Hopper. I have talked to 3 separate reps and have gotten 3 separate answers. The last one claimed it was a known problem. And he’ll put me on the “list” of people with this problem. Not real happy I made the switch to Dish at this point

DISH Employee

Frstrted_user, are you also getting this error message when you try to log into DISH Anywhere through a computer?

I do show an update on the "failed to authenticate" message on iOS devices. Our Engineering Team is currently working on fix for it and the estimated date the fix update will be released is 06/25/18.

Asilver135
Extra

It worked fine up to a month ago.  Now I get:

Your account does not have a receiver connected, or your receiver does not offer all of the features of DISH Anywhere. You currently have access to hundreds of On-Demand titles. Please visit My Dish to upgrade your system to use guide and DVR features

DISH Employee

Asilver135, are you seeing this error message when accessing DISH Anywhere through a computer, Android device or iOS device? Does the message also include an error code? 

I can log into the computer without issues. I guess I’ll just have to wait for the next update

Pwade1313
Extra

Dish anywhere stopped working on IPad but still can connect on my computer. When I contacted Dish it’s like they have no clue. Very disappointed with Dish.