Dish anywhere slingplayer screen goes black- windows 10

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish anywhere slingplayer screen goes black- windows 10

Gallydif
Extra
Hello, I have a laptop. Windows 10, intel i5, 2.50ghz, 8gb ram, 64 bit operating system.

I have been streaming anywhere slingplayer since 2014 with some problems but all I've found a way to work around.

Not this one. It started about a month ago and has gotten worse. The screen will all of a sudden go black and stay black. No video or audio. Bitrate will still be 1000+. I have tried shutting down snd restarting. Ctrl alt delete and end the slingplayer. Clear browser cache. This happens on both chrome and IE.

It's a pain in the you know what to have to keep shutting down and restarting the computer every 2 minutes. It sounds weird, but I've started to notice this happens a lot when the program I'm watching goes to commercials.

I have dish anywhere app on my iphone and have never had this problem.

Please help!
4 Replies

Re: Dish anywhere slingplayer screen goes black- windows 10

DISH Employee
What is the model of DISH receiver you are currently using now? If you have an external Sling Adapter, is the Red light on? Is this the only PC/Laptop you access www.dishanywhere.com through?

Can you open a window and try to stream a show and then in another window go to; www.testmy.net to verify the upload/download speeds?

Gallydif
Extra
Where would I find the model number on the dish receiver? I just brought my work laptop to try it out and the exact same thing happens. So it's not the laptop.

Kendog52361
Character Actor
The same thing has been happening to me for a while as well. When DishAnywhere in IE still played in inside the browser, it would generally work without issues, but since it's changed to always opening up the app, it's happening constantly. I have a Windows Desktop, and a Hopper 2. Generally, closing the app, including in the notification area(?) in the lower right of the Windows Desktop allows me to reopen it and play it for a while, but then it'll happen again. There also isn't a set time it happens, it just appears randomly, from a minute or less, to after several hours.

Gallydif
Extra
^^^ exactly what he said. Same thing. This plugin is terrible.