Dish anywhere offline

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish anywhere offline

Kbernard
Extra

Ok so I had same problem as others.  I transferred to my iPad to use while traveling off-line and suddenly it would tell me I had to login. So the fix is this, when you are at home keep the dish app open and turn off Wi-Fi and the dish anywhere will go into off line mode. Then leave home and unit can now open dish app Anywhere in off-line mode. If you happen to open  dish anywhere under an Internet connection while you are away from home, make sure you turn off the Internet connection before closing out the dish anywhere app so that it goes into off-line mode first. This solves the problem and you can watch your transfers anywhere without an Internet connection. Just make sure that the dish that goes into off-line mode wow it is open under an Internet connection by disconnecting the Internet it will automatically going to off-line mode. 

Tags (2)
5 Replies

Re: Dish anywhere offline

DISH Employee

I am so happy to hear that this workaround worked for you, Kbernard! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to post this for your fellow DISH members! 

Our Engineering team is aware of this workaround and looking into it to find the resolution this issue. If you have any other tips and tricks you have found work for you, please feel free to leave them here. 

redlite
Costume Designer

Mine started working again with no internet, iOS updated to 11.4 and Dish Anywhere app updated to 7.15.6

DISH Employee

redlite, glad to hear your Dish Anywhere app was able to connect with no Internet connection! Let us know if you have any other feedback or tips! 

redlite
Costume Designer

Oops, spoke too soon, after working without internet since Wednesday, exiting and restarting app, tonight had to go on internet to get it to work. Guess the bug isn’t fixed yet

DISH Employee

I am sorry to hear the workaround didn't resolve this issue for you, Redlite. I have submitted this additional feedback to our Engineer Team so they can continue to try to find a permanent solution to the Dish Anywhere App. Thank you for your patience during this time.