Dish Network only doing 2 channel stereo

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Network only doing 2 channel stereo

The Dish Anywhere app is only streaming in 2-channel stereo, whether it's to my PC or second TV. Is there any way to get it to do 5.1 or other kind of surroundsound?
3 Replies

Re: Dish Network only doing 2 channel stereo

DISH Employee

Hey, Call_Me_Dizzy! We can definitely look into this further. Just to clarify, what device are you using to watch the App on? Also, is the sound for the DISH Anywhere App coming from that device, or a surround sound system?

I watch from my Windows 10 PC, and a new Toshiba TV with the Fire TV operating system.

The main issue is with the Toshiba TV.  I use a digital audio cable from the TV to a stereo receiver.  When streaming Netflix/Amazon/Hulu everything comes through to the receiver in 5.1 surround sound just fine.  When using the Dish Anywhere app, however, its just 2 channel stereo.  I've tried several different settings on the receiver, but nothing changes.

DISH Employee

I see what you mean, Call_Me_Dizzy. After reviewing the settings part of DISH Anywhere it doesn't look like there is an option to change your audio to 5.1 surround sound. I can definitely submit your feedback and the desire to have the option available. This way we can implement it in future versions of the app.