Dish App stuck on Initializing - IPads

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish App stuck on Initializing - IPads

IPaduser
Character Actor
I have an IPad 2, mini IPad4 and an old IPod Touch (about 10 years old). Prior to the Dec 7th, 2016 Dish app update, all devices were able to watch TV via the Dish App. After the App update, only the old IPod Touch is able to watch TV via the app. The IPads are stuck on initializing (spinning circle of death). I've tried the obvious, deleting the app numerous times, hard power down on the IPads, using different IP Providers, using VPN, you name it. The last app update, 27 Jan, did not help. I've called Dish Tech Service and they advised that this is a known problem, but they don't have a clue as to when it might be fixed, if ever. Fortunately, I also have a slingbox and am able to watch TV via that so I do have some relief. But I'd really like to see the Dish app working on my IPads. Anyone know of a fix, perhaps something I've overlooked? Thank you,
12 Replies

Re: Dish App stuck on Initializing - IPads

DISH Employee
What are the OS for the respective devices? What is the version of DISH Anywhere App you're using? What is the model of DISH HD DVR you're using as well.

IPaduser
Character Actor
Mike, my mini Ipad is running 10.2. My Ipad 2 is running 9.3.5. The device that Dish is working on is my old Ipod Touch, OS 6.1.6

I'll get back with you on the model of the Dish HD DVR.

Thanks,

DISH Employee
With what you provided it should work with no issue. On the DISH receiver does it have the Sling Adapter built in or is it a stand alone unit?

IPaduser
Character Actor
The model is Hopper with Sling.

The software version is S544 NDEB.

Sling Version is 05.05.575.

The Sling is built in – and I have a standalone Sling box, which I am currently using since the app isn't working.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Standalone Sling box is not the same as the Dish Sling adapter or Dish Sling used in the Hoppers. May have similar name but doesn't work with the Dish Anywhere apps - you can only use the Dish Anywhere apps with the Dish Sling products.

IPaduser
Character Actor
Yes Peggy, as I mentioned, I have a built in Dish Sling Adapter. I also have a backup stand-alone sling box. Please read the thread from the top. Thank you,

peggyrh
Associate Producer
I did read it, many assume that standalone Sling works the same as the adapter, when it does not work with the DA apps.

IPaduser
Character Actor
Peggy, the slingbox is a standalone device, which I hooked up to watch after the Dish app stopped working with the dish sling adapter. I made that very clear in my post. Additional posts that muddle the conversation are not helpful when trying to find a root cause. Now if you have some idea with the Dish App is not working since 7 December, your input is most welcome.

RickObe
Visual Engineer
When you say "spinning circle of death", do you mean the spinning gear icon. Sounds to me like the device might not have a good internet connection. Are you sure it's got a good internet connection with no interfering firewalls? Have you tried connecting via your home network (the same one that the hopper is connected to)?