Dish Anywhwere unknown error fire tv

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Anywhwere unknown error fire tv

Dougp1982
Extra
Hello. I am at my vacation house and I bought a fire stick for here. I downloaded the dish anywhere app and proceeded to type in the authentication code. It will load for a moment then say “unknown error. Please try again”. I’ve tried multiple times in a row and no joy.

Other things I’ve tried:
Reset fire stick
Uninstall app

Any help would be appreciated
17 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhwere unknown error fire tv

mikebama
Costume Designer
Apparently Amazon, and dish both are complacent in addressing this error. My problem is been going on for over two weeks. All I’m asking for is a refund from Amazon for a defective piece of equipment.

mikebama
Costume Designer

Just got a reply from tech on another formum. I had been told A new update coming out today is going to fix the problem. They claim the update today was supposed to fix it. Since it didn’t, now they claim the next one will fix it. Tech-support keeps looping the same answers just like the authorization keeps looping with the authorization code It’s been going on for four weeks I’m just trying to get my money back from Amazon.

DISH Employee

Dougp1982, can you verify which version of the DISH Anywhere app is currently installed?

Dougp1982
Extra
Latest version from the amazon store. Just downloaded it yesterday

mikebama
Costume Designer
I have The most up-to-date version, that doesn’t work as well 2.2.10. In my case it’s only been four weeks, so I guess I’m just being too impatient?

Ekotary
Character Actor

I'm having the exact same issue!  And because it is a vacation home, I don't have hours to mess with it.  Please let me know if you find a solution. Very frustrating!

mikebama
Costume Designer
I signed up for a free trial of DirectTVNow, so I could watch at my vacation house as well. The directtv app works flawlessly. Dish should hire their software engineers. I still have dish at my main house, since I’m not a set contract, I wiil probably tell dish, to get lost. What upsets me is I bought a firestick for one reason. Dish anywhere. And it doesn’t work

mikebama
Costume Designer
Try free trial of DirectTV now. It works flawlessly.

DISH Employee

mikebama, We support our fans' rights to express themselves openly, however, we do not allow posting of promotional or sales information on our wall since it violates the Terms of Service of our page. You can view the full ToS here: www.dish.com/terms-conditions/