Dish Anywhere trouble logging on and choppy picture

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Anywhere trouble logging on and choppy picture

bha191
Character Actor
Every so often I watch dish anywhere from a different location than my house and have 2 problems I wish someone could help me with. The computer in question is windows 10:

1) The tv I want to watch dish on I do not wish to save my log in credentials on so each time I have to log in. My problem is that when I go to log in it logs in but then asks for my phone number and pin so I enter that and then it goes to dish.com. If I then try to go to dish anywhere it asks me to log into my receiver again. Is there a way to correct this on Firefox or IE

2)For some reason Opera eventually lets me get to my dvr (Hopper with joey) but when I try to play a show I get a lot of stutter. For example I will be watching a show and it will blank out for a second and then come back on but I miss that one second of the show. Any thoughts on this because sometimes if I watch long enough it stops skipping?
3 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere trouble logging on and choppy picture

DISH Employee
If you save the log in credentials, does it still require you to go through all those steps? Where are you logging in at originally?

Does the skipping issue only happen with Opera? Is the browser and extension up to date?

bha191
Character Actor
Sorry for taking so long to reply. My main problem is I don't want to save my information on this computer. When I do try to log in it it connects but then when I go to dish anywhere it asks me to log into my receiver and I have to go through the whole process again. Also when I go to check my email it states that I was trying to access dish from another computer.

DISH Employee
I can understand that, though I would suggest trying to save the credentials and see if that changes anything. You can always clear the cache and cookies to remove the saved information.

Are you using a computer like at work or in a public area? If so, it's possible the IP may change on those which is why it considers it a different computer in terms of the notification. It may also explain the issues with connecting as the firewall may be blocking or interrupting the connection.