Dish Anywhere says receiver not connected to the internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dish Anywhere says receiver not connected to the internet

DISH Employee

We definitely would like to look into this and see why you are getting that message, Barnone. So that we can look into this together, can you please send us a Private Message so we can access the equipment information? 

https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

HOPPERSLING
Extra
I have the same problem in my iPad and phone the last two days.

dcary01
Extra

Hello,  I'm trying to use a Tab A with the dish anywhere app and getting the same results.  Android 7.1.1 and dish anywhere v6.6.8. I can watch ondemand stuff but not live tv. Please help. 

DISH Employee

We definitely don't like seeing you having this problem, dcary01, and would love to check some things with you to help get this resolved. The minimum device requirement for the Android is an OS of 8 or higher. The software version for the App, v6.6.8 is up to date.

Have you tried going to the DISH Anywhere site to see if you get the same error there, that you're getting through the App?

dcary01
Extra

Hello JessicaM,  I tried the site and it said to upgrade my hopper with sling.  And my sling adapter was not compatible or something similar.  So I need a sling account on top of having dish to watch live tv? Or am I missing something?

DISH Employee

The Hopper with Sling will come with a compatible adapter built in. This should eliminate the need for an adapter altogether. We would be happy to review your account to see if we can find what could be causing this issue. Can you send us a Private Message with your Phone number and 4-digit PIN please?

If you're unsure on how to send us a Private Message we have a wonderful guide right here: 
https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

dcary01
Extra

Does it cost anything extra?

DISH Employee

We can go ahead and check your account so that we can provide that information as well as monthly rate.

MaryRob
Extra

I am having the same problem as described in this string.  From my Dish anywhere app on my iPhone, it says "your dish receiver does not appear to be online".   Yet, status shows I'm online.  It is okay from my laptop with dishanywhere.com.  I'm using IOS 12.4.1 

DISH Employee

Hello, MaryRob. We would be happy to look into this with you today. Please feel free to send us a Private Message so we can access that information together.