Dish Anywhere says receiver not connected to the internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Anywhere says receiver not connected to the internet

pete2833
Extra

My hopper is is connected to the internet. When I try to access my receiver it says that it is offline. I have reset it and it is connected to the internet. Any ideas ? Any ideas on how to get it to work. 

Pete 

29 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere says receiver not connected to the internet

Weaverd1953
Camera Crew

I have that problem with iOS systems such as iPad and iPhone. Spent 4 hrs 8n a chat yesterday and nothing was resolved.

Major Havoc
Cinematographer

How is the set top connected to the internet? I found that when I was connected via the WIRED connection, there was nothing but problems, many like you describe. But I switched to WiFi, and the problems went away. There is something seriously wrong with the wired internet on the Dish Set Tops IMO.

Weaverd1953
Camera Crew

Have you connected your Dish to Alexa/Echo?  I determined the issues I was having was due to using the amazon Alexa home skill for dish!  Once I disabled it, discovered everything Dish home skill was invading (wanted to control my lights after it was disabled) my receiver was back to being found and everything. Began working properly ncluding the remote microphone!

pete2833
Extra

Its is a WIFI connection and is not connected to Alexa or echo.

DISH Employee

Pete2833, when you receive this error message, are you using the DISH Anywhere app or are you using dishanywhere.com? Also, have you been experiencing any issues with your Hopper receiver itself?

Highlighted

Weaverd1953
Camera Crew

Welllll........problem resurfaced for me so it must not have been the echo connection.  There is no error message it only states the receiver is offline which it is not!  Rebooting everything does no good. I have discovered that if I hook my iPad up to my cellular hotspot the Hopper3 is miraculously IS online!  At this point I begin watching a recorded program pause it and switch back to the home network and the hopper continues to be online for as long as I continue to utilize the dishanywhere program.  Once it is closed and reopened on the home network the hopper3 is no longer online. 

DISH Employee

Weaverd1953, are you accessing DISH Anywhere using the app or dishanywhere.com?

Weaverd1953
Camera Crew

i can’t use the website on my iPad as it states I must download the new video driver but after accepting the screen remains blank, never downloads.

DISH Employee

Are you currently at home with your receiver? What is the model of your receiver, such as Hopper with Sling or VIP722K?