Dish Anywhere "remote" does not process subchannel "-"

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Anywhere "remote" does not process subchannel "-"

tpribors
Costume Designer
My Google Nexus Android tablet downloaded a new Dish Anywhere app today. The version is 5.5.7.

The live tv remote is broken.

I open the app

Select "live tv" in the upper right corner

Select the "numeric keypad" (3x3 white blocks) (note, not the full remote control)

I enter "8-2" to get an over-the-air channel (I have the USB OTA adapter). Instead of selecting that channel it selects "82".

The subchannel "-" is being ignored.

This all worked fine until today and has for years.

My Samsung phone has 5.4.104 and it works as expected but I expect the update hasn't been pushed yet.
10 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere "remote" does not process subchannel "-"

tpribors
Costume Designer
My tablet just downloaded 5.5.14. This problem still exists.

DISH Employee
Have you tried closing the app, then re-launching it? Can you also send a PM with your account/phone and 4 digit PIN?

tpribors
Costume Designer
ErikaP wrote:
Have you tried closing the app, then re-launching it? Can you also send a PM with your account/phone and 4 digit PIN?

Yes of course, the tablet has been restarted many times since I first reported this problem.

TPRIBORSA
Camera Crew
Former username lost so marking this for subscription with new username

NYDutch
Audio Engineer
Try using "0082". That works on my smart phone...

TPRIBORSA
Camera Crew
NYDutch wrote:
Try using "0082". That works on my smart phone...

That did not work. Trying to tune to 8-2 I first tuned to 8 (the native dish channel), then 0082 and it took me to 82 (FETV here in Vegas). By the way, the phone version which used to work now behaves the same as the tablet version did when I first reported this.

NYDutch
Audio Engineer
The "00nn" format worked fine on the DishAnywhere 5.5.14 app installed on my LG Android phone when I just tried it again. It also worked just moments before I posted the suggestion last night. I don't know why it's not working on your end.

NYDutch
Audio Engineer
Ahh! I just went back and re-read your original post... My apologies, I had missed that you're using the "Live TV" channel entry, not the full remote. Try using "08-02, Enter". The channels are entered the same way they're listed in the EPG.

TPRIBORSA
Camera Crew
NYDutch wrote:
Ahh! I just went back and re-read your original post... My apologies, I had missed that you're using the "Live TV" channel entry, not the full remote. Try using "08-02, Enter". The channels are entered the same way they're listed in the EPG.

ta da! Entering nn-mm (with a leading 0 on the subchannel) does work on both the tablet and phone version (they have very different appearances even though both loaded from the play store).

The leading 0 isn't always necessary. For example 39-4 works. There is no 394. 21-1 fails and ther eis a 211, but 21-01 does work. This should be considered a bug. It is not a good UI otherwise. (My measure for a good UI was whether my computer illiterate dad could use it. :) )