Dish Anywhere on win 10 and any browser.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dish Anywhere on win 10 and any browser.

DISH Employee

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your concerns with DISH Anywhere. I am sorry to hear that you have a less than stellar experience on the phone with previous agents regarding this known issue. We always strive to provide you with top of the line equipment. To achieve this, your feedback is always appreciated. The more we know, the more information our Engineering Team has to find a solution as soon as possible. 

When an issue is brought to our attention, we always submit it to the Engineering Team. When they see a trend, they will then send the know issue report out to our agents. This is where you will see the delay in information between agents. I do apologize for any inconvenience on this process. 

While we don't have a direct line from our customers to our Engineering Team, I do want to assure you that your voice is being heard and they are hard at work to get this working at peak performance. I have submitted this additional information to them and I want to thank you for going above and beyond in your detailed review. 

azalea4nc
Camera Crew

I think you missed some of what was said in my comment.

1. It took the fourth agent before it was determined this was a known problem.  The system you describe of the engineering team passing on information to the agents is not working.  FIX IT.

2. Even better, do the responsible thing and make it readily known what bugs exist in the anywhere system.  I will assume there was a slowdown on the Dish system for handling Dish Anywhere stuff last night.  If so, why was that NOT posted so anyone trying to access DA would immediately be aware of the problem.  Why are known problems that exist with accessing the on demand library and with running DA on Win 10 posted so anyone trying to access the service would receive a warning message.  Maybe utilize less space on the display for advertisements and more space for reporting issues. Why?

3. When I look at the beginning of this thread and see problems reported many months earlier still exist and then see a comment like "they are hard at work to get this working at peak performance", well the effort may be there of the individuals involved but those two things do not speak well of the quality and/or quantity of the overall effort.  And in fact I suspect you found the problem without realizing it.  Getting something like this to work has some inherent complexities.  I suspect your engineering team is undervaluing the KISS principle.  Maybe they should spend less time trying to achieve "peak performance" and more time trying to achieve reliable performance.

Penmouse24
Extra

The only satisfaction I've had is seeing someone else with the same frustrating problem.  I can log into the site, see my dvr recording, see the program guide, but as soon as I click watch, the same message appears to download the player and install.  I've done this a dozen times, uninstalling from control panel first, using different browsers, evertime the same result.  Works on my android phone, not on Windows 10 PC.  Just waiting for 2 more months so my service agreement is up and bye bye dish baby.  Support is useless.  Customer for 6 years, no more.

azalea4nc
Camera Crew

"Just waiting for 2 more months so my service agreement is up and bye bye dish baby."

Like me, you probably just were hit with a price increase from Dish.  I am not sure of the legal status of that, but it seems Dish changed the contract so anyone should be able to terminate their service without any penalty.  I mean, think if that were not true.  Can it be legal for Dish to raise the monthly price by $200/mo and its customers still be required to pay that huge increase?  If the principle is true for a huge amount, it is true for any amount, including the recent $5 increase.