Dish Anywhere on the Amazon Firestick TV?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Anywhere on the Amazon Firestick TV?

jonathandubosem
Character Actor

Has anyone used Dish Anywhere with the Amazon Firestick featured in the commercial? https://youtu.be/udHOK9VukhI

15 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere on the Amazon Firestick TV?

RZRider
Character Actor

I was using the dish anywhere with my iPad and mirroring through my appletv and their software won’t let me do this anymore. I called Dish and they said it is not supported! They said I needed to purchase an Amazon firestick tv. So I purchased the latest 4K firestick. I can stream authorized network stations using my dish account, but when I use Dish anywhere app it buffers a lot and then locks up. This same app works fine with my Apple devices. It seems that looking at the blogs indicates this is a common problem. I even purchased an eithernet adapter so I could get the maximum through put, but sadly same problem! The 3 techs had me uninstall and reinstall dishanywhere app on the firestick. They tested the hopper3 and reset it. We lowered the firestick resolution to 700p! Nothing changed. All they offered was to sell a gold tech package to work with my ISP and third party software! Why? All those things work with the Apple devices and the Amazon firestick streams network channels in 1080p! No big screen Super Bowl while I am away from home! To top it all off Dish won’t negotiate with CBS and others to allow live streaming with the Dish account!

Be forewarned on the Dish mobile app for the Amazon Firestick!

anniegirl
Character Actor

Agree!!!! Dish has been aware of this issue since Dec 2017 but has yet to provide a fix for it yet (3 months later!)

DISH Employee

This issue with the DishAnywhere App buffering on the Firestick despite having a stable Internet connection is an issue our Engineers are aware of. It looks like we have a scheduled update that should be rolling out on 03/23 that we hope should resolve this issue. 

anniegirl
Character Actor

Well... the "fix" is out... but it didn't fix the issue... the issue has been made worse!

pegbobi
Extra
I am new to Dish Anywhere and using the Firestick. Do your engineers really have a fix on the horizon? Is there another device that works better than Firestick? The only work around I have found is to power down the Firestick and then power up again. Not a reasonable option from bed at 3:00 AM.

DISH Employee

The Engineering Team did schedule the fix date for 3.30.18. We have heard that the fix has resolved most customer's issues, but I'm sorry to hear that you are still having this issue. Please make sure that the firetv software is up to date with version 2.1.12 of the apps when available. If the software is up to date, uninstall the app then reinstall it. If the issue is still occuring, please reach back out to us to let us know so that we can report this back to our Engineering Team. 

pk
Extra

Using 2.1.12, have uninstalled and reinstalled.   still does not work 

DISH Employee

Are you still experiencing a buffering issue with your Amazon Firestick App?

Erika007
Extra

I'm still experiencing problems despite uninstalling and reinstalling the app multiple times. Very, very frustrating since I'm stationed away from home and I'd love to be able to watch my local programs with my Fire stick Smiley Sad