cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Anywhere on a PC

TGTAYLOR1
Character Actor

We are new to Dish.

I have been sucessful with my Samsung Phone an Tab 2 tablet watching live and recorded content.

My wife would like to take her Lenovo Yoga Pro 2 with her and watch live or recorded content when she irons in the laundry.

Can someone instruct me in what I must do to go to say Log In and watch DishAnywhere live or recorded on her PC? Around the house or if we are away from home. Do I have the wrong Hopper?

Amazon has a Sling box to connect to my Hopper is this the answer?

What do you think?

Tom

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: DishAnywhere on a PC

comp-joe
Camera Crew

First, which web browser are you using? Currently Dish Anywhere only works in Chrome or FireFox browsers.

When you go to www.dishanywhere.com what happens? Does the web page load properly/completely?

Can you see and/or click on the words "Log In" in the upper right corner of the web page? If so, what happens?

Your log in credentials should be the same as what you would use to access your Dish bill on line.

If you get logged in to the Dish Anywhere web site, you should see in the upper right corner of the page, a circle with a silhouette of a person in it. If you move your mouse pointer over that circle, you'll get a drop-down menu. The first item on the drop-down will be "Account and Devices". Clicking on that will load a new web page. The top section of the new page will list "My Receivers" and "My Sling Devices". If your Hopper is not listed under both sections, then it does not have built-in Sling. You would either need to upgrade your Hopper, or acquire an external Sling adapter for your existing Hopper to be able to view Live TV or DVR content on Dish Anywhere, although you should still be able to view On-Demand content.

If you have the Hopper "1" (without Sling), it's probably time for an upgrade anyway. The Hoppers 1 and 2 (Hopper 2 has built-in Sling) only have three tuners, which means you can only watch and/or record three live channels simultaneously (six when Primetime Anytime is enabled). The Hopper 3 gives you sixteen tuners.

The cost of your upgrade can vary depending on whether you bought or rent your equipment from Dish as well as what level, if any, of repair service (separate line item on your bill) you currently pay for. The upgrade may necessitate the replacement of coax cable and/or splitters.

If you decide to upgrade, and there are shows/movies on your DVR that you would like to keep, I suggest buying an external hard drive for your Hopper and moving those items you would like to keep to the external hard drive before your new Hopper arrives. The proccess of moving recordings to the external hard drive is very slow. If your Hopper's DVR is 80% full and you want to move half of that material to the external hard drive, it could take two or three days.

9 Replies

comp-joe
Camera Crew

First, which web browser are you using? Currently Dish Anywhere only works in Chrome or FireFox browsers.

When you go to www.dishanywhere.com what happens? Does the web page load properly/completely?

Can you see and/or click on the words "Log In" in the upper right corner of the web page? If so, what happens?

Your log in credentials should be the same as what you would use to access your Dish bill on line.

If you get logged in to the Dish Anywhere web site, you should see in the upper right corner of the page, a circle with a silhouette of a person in it. If you move your mouse pointer over that circle, you'll get a drop-down menu. The first item on the drop-down will be "Account and Devices". Clicking on that will load a new web page. The top section of the new page will list "My Receivers" and "My Sling Devices". If your Hopper is not listed under both sections, then it does not have built-in Sling. You would either need to upgrade your Hopper, or acquire an external Sling adapter for your existing Hopper to be able to view Live TV or DVR content on Dish Anywhere, although you should still be able to view On-Demand content.

If you have the Hopper "1" (without Sling), it's probably time for an upgrade anyway. The Hoppers 1 and 2 (Hopper 2 has built-in Sling) only have three tuners, which means you can only watch and/or record three live channels simultaneously (six when Primetime Anytime is enabled). The Hopper 3 gives you sixteen tuners.

The cost of your upgrade can vary depending on whether you bought or rent your equipment from Dish as well as what level, if any, of repair service (separate line item on your bill) you currently pay for. The upgrade may necessitate the replacement of coax cable and/or splitters.

If you decide to upgrade, and there are shows/movies on your DVR that you would like to keep, I suggest buying an external hard drive for your Hopper and moving those items you would like to keep to the external hard drive before your new Hopper arrives. The proccess of moving recordings to the external hard drive is very slow. If your Hopper's DVR is 80% full and you want to move half of that material to the external hard drive, it could take two or three days.

peggyrh
Casting Director

If you can access Dish Anywhere on an Android tablet (your Samsung) then you don't need anything else, the Lenovo should work as well.  The Lenovo probably runs Windows which means you access Dish Anywhere through the web browser (rather than using an android app).  There is a limit of one connection at a time.  

TGTAYLOR1
Character Actor

All is good! Anti virus off ( Webroot and Malware Bytes). Happy famiy.  Now to figure out the exceptions.

Thanks all!

TGTAYLOR1
Character Actor

We ave Hopper 3 and it look like it has built in sling.

Dogfaceman
Extra

Dishanywhere app no longer works on Firefox, it give me a message that I must use google spyware=chrome/safari, what gives?  Have you guys made some sort of deal with the devil of online spying=google?  The same thing applies to the remote search feature, now only works with google-assistant, fix this and revert back to what your customers had previously, or you will certainly lose this 14yr customer!  You have until October 1st, if the older features don't work with google spyware, then I'm disconnecting!  DISGUSTED!

Highlighted

DISH Employee

Hey there, Dogfaceman. We partnered with Google because they take privacy concerns as seriously as we do here at DISH. Their platform allowed us the best technology, safety measures, and ability to expand features in the future. Here is a link to show you some tips and tricks to make the Google Assist remote function easier for you so you can hopefully enjoy it: https://www.mydish.com/support/googleassistant

With Dish Anywhere, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer are no longer compatible browsers. Eventually we will support them again in the future but at this time you will need to use Chrome or Safari. We appreciate any feedback on how we can improve and I will absolutely forward this to our Engineering Team. 

jake_t
Character Actor

Why are we forced to use the Chrome browser on PCs!  This wasn't the case last week.  I don't use Google programs so basically I can't use any streaming or voice searching without Google Assistant, which wasn't the case when i first signed up for Dish. I am not happy.

DISH Employee

We are always looking at updating our equipment to provide more features and options for our customers!We always welcome your feedback about these new features and how they impact you! Please visit: https://www.mydish.com/ and look for the red Leave Feedback button!

jake_t
Character Actor

Google does not take privacy concerns seriously, they are in the business of selling information.  If Netflix, Vudu, Amazon Prime, Redbox, etc can stream on Firefox browsers, so can you.  If your engineers can't figure it out, I suggest that you hire new ones.