Dish Anywhere not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Anywhere not working

Ncfromdc
Character Actor

We have been told by our community tha5 Dish Anywhere will be down for 45-60 days.  Supposedly Dish sent an internal email regarding this. Has anyone had issues recently?  I know my community is, but I suspect we are being lied to.  

MY suspicion  is Dish Anywhere was taken away from our vendor and we are being fed a line.

7 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere not working

Roadijeff
Audio Engineer

There's another recent thread on here about many customers having trouble logging into Dish Anywhere.  I had trouble with it for about a day but now it is working.  I was watching The Longest Day movie on Dish Anywhere just a few hours ago on my laptop with Windows 10 Pro.

Here's the thread:  Dish Anywhere Login

peggyrh
Associate Producer

What "vendor" are you talking about?  Dish Anywhere is provided by Dish itself & is connected using your receiver, there's no one involved other than Dish, it's not a streaming service like Netflix, Sling TV or Amazon. 

Dish Anywhere apps work for tablets & phones, have had no problems watching, it's not "down".  For me, Windows 10 has always been somewhat "glitchy" streaming Dish Anywhere, but that could easily be Windows 10 or Dish Anywhere.

DISH Employee

Ncfromdc, we have not received any reports that DISH Anywhere will be unavailable for 45-60 days. We are always working on finding resolutions to the DISH Anywhere known issues, however, services will still be available. I am happy to address any issues that you may be experiencing. Describe what is going on to me a bit so I can better understand and help resolve this for you.

Ncfromdc
Character Actor

Latrisha we are being told that it is because we are a commercial account tha is for our comm7 it’s. The are supposedly migrating accounts making Dish Anywhere unusable for us.  I think we are being lied to by our vendor OptcalTel. Supposedly there was an internal memo at Dish on this.  I personally believe our vendor is having problems with Dish.  Our local community expert shuts us up when we god forbid mention something bad about the service.  I have my own theories why we are being shut up.

DISH Employee

Ncfromdc, are you able to send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account so I can take a further look into this for you?

Ncfromdc
Character Actor

I really don’t want to send the info. With all due respect I want to be safe.  I just want to know from Dish whether in general they know about this issue with commercial accounts.

DISH Employee

No worries! I don't show reports that it will be down, however, you are able to speak with a commercial agent for confirmation. You are able to reach out to our commercial department at 800-454-0843.