Dish Anywhere not working with Comcast

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Anywhere not working with Comcast

pinkakira1
Character Actor
I have recently switched from Century Link to Comcast and have had nothing but issues with
dish Anywhere and with Netflix. I can't seem to get my system to work with the internet. I spoke to Comcast and they are claiming it is something on dish network side and no issues with the internet. When connected to Netflix I am getting lots of buffering and I have not been able to get my dish anywhere to work at all. I keep getting it can not connect to the internet. I am at a loss right now but firmly believe it is the internet. I had 10m with Century Link and never ever had a buffering issue and everything started to play on Nexflix right away. I never even seen anything showing it was loading. Never ever had an issue with my dish anywhere. Now I can not get on at all with my Dish anywhere and Netflix is shotty at best (I am being very generous) I can not binge on shows because I am constantly resetting my modem because I am losing connection and/or it keeps stopping to buffer. I went from 10m to 75m so I am thinking of going back to Century Link but wanted to see if there was something on your side that could possibly help me so I don't have to go through the trouble of switching everything back over. Please any help? I know other people have had this issue but I can't find their solutions.
10 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere not working with Comcast

How is your receiver connected to the internet and what is the receiver model? Have you tried a different connection method? When you reset the network in the receiver menus does it say all are OK?
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

pinkakira1
Character Actor
I have the hopper. We have only had dish for maybe 8-9 months or so. I am connected via wifi through Comcast 75m service. I had no issues when I was hooked up Century Link. I could connect to dish anywhere all the time and never had issues. I also had no issues with my Netflix. Its been since I switched over I have had nothing but issues. I must have something hooked up wrong.

When you scan for wireless networks to connect to does your home network show more than once? What is your wireless signal strength?

pinkakira1
Character Actor
Yes is does show two one for 2.4 gh and one for 5. Our TV is hooked up currently to 5 but we have had it hooked up to both and it does the same to both. The 2.4 is for our pool and thermostat.

the strength of signal is between 40-60

There truly is a lot that can cause lag at the receiver that is router or ISP based. Does your router have a DMZ that the receiver can be placed in?

pinkakira1
Character Actor
Oh I am not sure what DMZ is. I am not a tech person. I have a Arris SBG 6700-AC for my router combo. We have gone over things with a service person twice with their company. We have moved the router to where they recommended and have changed setting and channels to prevent interference from others with Wifi around us. Still have the same issues. Also have spoke to Comcast a few times and still the same thing. It seems to work for a short period of time then it will stop working. I got the anytime to work for a short period of time this morning then it stopped and is saying it can not find the internet. I had the same issue yesterday when attempting to stream netflix while at home through my dish receiver. it was saying it was not connected. We reset the modem and it worked for a show then the next show it did the same thing it would go from high def to standard to buffering... then be fine. The Dish anywhere worked while I was in my house yesterday and again this morning but when I left the house it didn't work for an hour then I tired it again around 7am and it worked. I think that was the first time I had it work out of my home ever (since switching to Comcast).

I am at a loss for why all of a sudden we get different internet that is suppose to be better and faster and it is giving us nothing but issues with Nexflix and Dishanywhere. I went from 10m with phone line internet to 75m with fiber internet and it seems to not like anything on Dish. Does dish work better with slower speeds maybe?

The Speeds should not matter of the internet and should work. Since we know that this worked with the other provider fine we do have to point the finger at Comcast in this case. When on the same network it uses just this to stream and depends on the upload speed at home and the download where outside of this.

DMZ is De-Militarized Zone. Basically, when you put a device in this section of the router this bypasses any firewalls that there may be.

pinkakira1
Character Actor
I know you can't give advice but say this was your home you would switch back correct? This is not something that is fixable?

In my opinion this should be fixable. With internet and 3rd party equipment there are too many variables to say what the issue truly is though. My only recommendation would be to call Comcast again and see about having this fixed or if there is a way they can have you place the Hopper is the DMZ of the router.

I, personally, have used Comcast and Centurylink, both with no issues like you are having.