cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Dish Anywhere, new version

Jordanpaul
Camera Crew

I am having the same problem as well. I log in and then go to play a recorded show and it logs me off asking me to log back in over and over again. This new interface really sucks!

chubafelix
Audio Engineer

Hey, are your DVR recordings not available online? Are you confused about what you can expect from Dish Anywhere as a service? Do you get frastrated with Dish Anywhere UI?

Comcast DVR makes a duplicate copy of your recording in the cloud. Their set top boxes support not only UHD, but multiple formats of HDR, like Dolby VIsion. They support all the new cool soundbars with Dolby Atmos. 

Oh Yeah, Dish has a Dish that you can stick up on your roof and hope that clouds or snow do not block the signal. And yeah! Dish keeps dropping your favorite programing like, Fox Sports, Altitude Sports and many others.

Yeap, I would stay with Dish. 

KevinM
Character Actor

I had the same issue, I was able to resolve it myself as I posted here...

https://communities.dish.com/t5/On-The-Go/How-I-fixed-error-code-2009-for-Dish-Anywhere-on-a-PC/m-p/...

KevinM
Character Actor

I was able to resolve the same issue. I describe how I did it here...

https://communities.dish.com/t5/On-The-Go/How-I-fixed-error-code-2009-for-Dish-Anywhere-on-a-PC/m-p/...

chubafelix
Audio Engineer

Pluging and unpluging cable just so that you can login to your Hopper is not a solution. The authenitcation in new version of Dish Anywhere is BROKEN. 

awineski
Character Actor

I found the problems with error codes 2009, 2025, 2026, and black screen.  It is a DNS issue. Guessing my internet provider has issues connecting back to dish's service.  If i change my DNS server on my laptop to be googles dns server 8.8.8.8 the errors go away and i can use dishanywhere, there are still the other issues people have described above, but i can actually use the product after a month of not doing so.  I have sent this information onto Dish, but not sure it or how it will assist them. 

awineski
Character Actor

I found the problems with error codes 2009, 2025, 2026, and black screen.  It is a DNS issue. Guessing my internet provider has issues connecting back to dish's service.  If i change my DNS server on my laptop to be googles dns server 8.8.8.8 the errors go away and i can use dishanywhere, there are still the other issues people have described above, but i can actually use the product after a month of not doing so.  I have sent this information onto Dish, but not sure it or how it will assist them.

ap
Character Actor

I have had all the problems listed.  My primary use case is streaming from my hopper to a device located elsewhere in my home.  I really appreciate everyone posting so that I know my problems are not unique and that there has been no communication nor solutions forthcoming from Dish. 

Like some of you, I need to minimize Internet data usage.   It now appears Dish Anywhere actually requires double the data usage of other streaming options such as Hulu or Netflix.  

Thanks to all your postings, I can feel confident about my decision to leave the Dish service as soon as I have the time and attention available to make the move.

moledig
Extra

On the off chance that anyone from Dish reads these rant forums. The change has made it imposable to use Dish AnyWhere on one of my older PCs as the HTML5 stream is a CPU hog and there is no way to reduce the quality to get the video to stream smoothly. Oh and I would like the live TV button and virtual remote control back please.

chubafelix
Audio Engineer

Just keeping this thread alive.

Today, dish auth has failed. 

Typing in dishanywhere.com in chrome takes you to login page where you get:

This site can’t be reached

Error connection reset.

Looks like their AUTH server is down.

Pathetic IT operations at Dish. Perhaps a merger with DirecTV would be a good thing.

F