Re: Dish Anywhere, new version

greggm
Character Actor

Does Direct TV have a streaming app?

Highlighted

snissen
Camera Crew

A new wrinkle for me, just now, with DISHanywhere.com: After trying to start a stream several times, it displays an error message about "try again later" with a red Reconnect button and a code of 2025.

Is anyone else getting this? Does anyone have a solution for it, or a clue as to what it means?

daverood
Extra

I agree! Dishanywhere has always been buggy but today it is totally useless. My pleas for help just lead me into a inane circle of non-responses. I'm at the point that I would rather put5 up with Comcast 'service' than continue to pay for features that don't work.

Dpro40
Audio Engineer

I find today the app continues to want to pair with the Hopper or says it can’t verify my credentials. Now all of a sudden I’m a ghost. Lost all of my Sports channels on top of it. I’m seriously considering speaking to an attorney to get out of this contract that continues to fail me. It would have been different if I’d been given information prior to me signing up but they didn’t. Haven’t been with dish but a few months. Regretted switching two weeks after I did. I’d rather give the cancellation fee to an attorney than to dish. I’ve been on hold with dish 45 minutes and counting. 

greggm
Character Actor
Yeah. I’m mailing soon. Astonishing how lame it is.

greggm
Character Actor

Obviously DIsh has abandoned this project. They probably feel that this streaming stuff is just a passing fad.

greggm
Character Actor

I meant bailing

awineski
Character Actor

I have had that issue since day one (error 2025) of the new roll out.  Dish Support has been worthless on the numberous times i have called about this issue.  Would love to see if other are having this and what their solutions are to fix it.  Bring back old version until you get new one working properly 

JimInAuburn
Extra

Totally worthless service now.   I use dishanywhere extensively because we have one TV and my daughter is always using it for her videos and Youtube.  So I have to watch on my computer.   With the new dishanywhere, I cannot do much of anything.   It does not show me more than the last video of a series that I recorded, so if I have a few weeks recorded, I cannot get to previous weeks.   

Lately I cannot even log into Dishanywhere.   I try with chrome, I put in my credentials, it takes them and brings back up the home screen again, with me not logged in.  I try to do anything, and it says to login.  I enter them again, it takes then, brings up the home screen and again not logged in.  Does that over and over and over.   Been weeks now since I could log in.   I could log in with Edge though, but then it says it does not support streaming.  So no good there.   Finially I was able to log in just a few minutes ago after many attempts, but when I try to watch any live stream, or recorded video, it just says "starting streaming..." and then the screen goes blank with nothing ever coming up.

Totally worthless service.  Been with Dish 10 years, and I am switching.  Their Tech Support has been worthless.

marc3618
Extra

Today i tried to use Dishanywhere on my Windows 10 PC.  It would not play any channels execpt those marked "Stream" in the guide list, like TVLand.  When i try to play any other channel a red dish logo pops up stating "Starting Streaming".  Don't know what Dish did but please go back a version or 2.

The Android app works fine and plays all channels.  So the problem is with the Chorme player.