Dish Anywhere, new version

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dish Anywhere, new version

adelhabib142
Character Actor

Aztec: I don't think that is true: sending the stream out on internet and back. How did you find out that,  or what make you think so?

The problem seems with the player change

chubafelix
Audio Engineer

What has been said about routing DVR traffic in and out of hour home, thus increasing bandwidth requirements of your internat is VERY LIKELY TRUE. Besides the measurements that various people here have mentioned, where starting a strea increases data usage download on your internat conenction, I have confirmed what Dish uses as player. They have integrated a player from a European company called Bitmovin (you can look them up). This player by desing is NOT intended for DVR home playback. It only supports internet stpreaming, more specificaly HLS or MPEG-DASH formats. Since Dish is cheap and does not care about their customers, they just dropped this internet player in and changed the way the video is streamed to this player. More specificaly, internet based steraming. Bye Bye home device streaming.

One more note. If I was a Dish executive, who looks at total percentage of Dish subsribers using Dish Anyware (which is a low percentage), and on top of that, I have a separate service called SlingTV (similar to Hulu). I would put all my effort in improving SlingTV and reducing cost of Dish subscribers. Don't expect much from Dish here. 

adelhabib142
Character Actor

Chubafelix: Whatever "Very Likely..." or not, the main issue is they changed the player to different "Integrated" player. That is the main reason no one can watch live TV on Desktop

chubafelix
Audio Engineer

adelhabib142: I don't get the point of your post. I am the one who started this thread the day Dish Anyware changed. If you think I am justinfying inthing Dish is doing, you are not reading well. The reason is said "VERY LIKELY" is because I don't work for Dish so, i can not speak on their behalf. But, all data points to this fact. So, I said "Very likely". Again, what is your point?

adelhabib142
Character Actor

Chubafelix: My point simply is that the problem that we cant watch Live TV on Desktop is due to the new player defeciency, and necessarily or liky becasue how strem is routed. Do you agree with that?

Thanks anyway for initiating the discussion.

DISH Employee

We are always looking at updating our equipment to provide more features and options for our customers! We always welcome your feedback about these new features and how they impact you! Please visit: https://www.mydish.com/ and look for the red Leave Feedback button! 

chubafelix
Audio Engineer

MeganG, are you joking? Its been almost 2 weeks and Dish hasn't even fixed the Support link on Dish Anywhere site. A number of people have expressed their discontent with specific issues right here in this thread. If you, or Dish cared, you would be responding to these issues. But, the truth of the meter is that there is nothing more you can say then point people to the feedback site. Have you read other threads in this forum where people are suprised at how little Dish support people know about their own product or what Dish is doing/changing. 

Anyway, good luck to you MeganG.

chubafelix
Audio Engineer

Here is the link to DishAnywhere FAQ.

https://www.dishanywhere.com/faqs

When you scroll down to HOW TO section it says:

To watch Live TV, select “Live TV” in the main menu. A live stream of your home TV will begin playing. Use the controls on the player to change channels. You can also select “Guide” from the main menu. Click on a show title that is currently airing. A pop-up will appear. Select “Watch Online” to begin playing.

THERE IS NO LIVE TV in the main menu.

Here is the link to Chat Support.

https://www.dishanywhere.com/chat

It says: Sorry, we couldn't find that page.

Its been a couple of week. Most broadcasters have a QC department, does Dish?

adelhabib142
Character Actor

MeganG. There is nothing more irritating than a post like yours. Your boiler-plate type post tells me (and any dish customer) that Dish treat their loyal customers like junk; without any regard to the real issue they facing with Dish. Go fix or restore the **bleep** thing that working couple of weeks before.  

Highlighted

snissen
Camera Crew

@AztekAl wrote:

Al, you are amazing! I'd say you have given us 10 times the information that DISH has, except than 10 times zero is zero, and you have contributed much more than that.

So dishanywhere.com is doing this out and back with the stream, but the iOS and Android apps are not. So why can't DISH provide a Windows 10 "app" that works like the iOS and Android ones? That would solve my problem.

Meanwhile, it sounds like a Kindle Fire, running the Kindle OS which is derived from Android, might use the Android app and also work around the problem, but in only one location.

So I'm left exactly where Al is. I completely agree with your assertion:

"Using dishanywhere.com on my home PC was part my daily lifestyle for years, and now it is unusable for me."

I also want to support and echo your request:

"Please Dish, bring back my ability to use dishanywhere.com without using up my internet data / bandwidth.

BTW, as I mentioned in an earlier post, there are definitely a lot "opportunities for improvement" with the new interface, but if they don't correct the local streaming issue, what the interface does or doesn't do is a moot point for me."

Surely it's obvious by now, that on the Internet, if you don't get the bandwidth right, the user interface doesn't matter.

Please, DISH, listen to us!