cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dish Anywhere live TV Streaming Issue

CSKoop
Extra
Good Evening Everyone. When I try to stream live TV on the dish anywhere app it gives me an error stating "Your dish receiver must be connected to the internet to watch TV on your Android device." My receiver is currently connected to the internet. When I log into the dish anywhere website I am able to watch live TV. Also, on the dish anywhere website I can view any channel except the local channels (abc, cbs, nbc, etc). When I try to view any of those channels, it displays a test channel with music displaying that the receiver is connected to orbital... Has anyone had one of these two issues before and are aware of a fix?
3 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere live TV Streaming Issue

DISH Employee

Can you confirm the exact channel  names for those local channels CSKoop?  Specifically their channel numbers on Dish Network, their affiliate (NBC, CBS, FOX, or ABC), and their exact call letters (such as KTLA)?

tknueven
Extra

I have been experiencing this and the endless reactivation loop that appears to have been ongoing since 2018.  From what i can tell, this is not a firestick issue but a dish issue that is unresolved for well over a year.  Please provide the fix.

DISH Employee

tknueven, there is a known issue that is similar to the reactivation trouble you are seeing. A potential work around is to go to Dishanwhere.com/activate in a Chrome incognito browser or a Safari browser.