cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Anywhere crashes on iOS

256GB iPhone 7 Plus
iOS 10.3.2
Dish Anywhere App
More -> Select TV -> (Either of my two Joey options)

Result is:
I get kicked back to the iPhone home screen.
Double tapping on the home button shows that the Dish Anywhere App is still running.
Choosing the app puts me back on the Home screen of the Dish Anywhere App (not the Select TV screen).
Going back to the Select TV screen and the Hopper is still the selected option, it did not switch to the chosen Joey.

How can I switch the app to one of the Joeys instead of the Hopper?
2 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere crashes on iOS

DISH Employee
DannyHamilton wrote:
256GB iPhone 7 Plus
iOS 10.3.2
Dish Anywhere App
More -> Select TV -> (Either of my two Joey options)

Result is:
I get kicked back to the iPhone home screen.
Double tapping on the home button shows that the Dish Anywhere App is still running.
Choosing the app puts me back on the Home screen of the Dish Anywhere App (not the Select TV screen).
Going back to the Select TV screen and the Hopper is still the selected option, it did not switch to the chosen Joey.

How can I switch the app to one of the Joeys instead of the Hopper?

Hello Danny.
I'll answer your last question first.
The tuners used for Dish Anywhere are in the in the Hopper. Using Dish Anywhere will always use the available tuner.

There are reported issues with IOS crashing that our softwear department is addressing. Be sure your IOS is up to date as well as the app. We're anticipating a patch/fix in the next week or so for your OS.

You also have the option to open www.dishanywhere.com in your browser till it's fixed.

Re: Dish Anywhere crashes on iOS

While I understand that I can use the tuner from the Hopper, what I was trying to do was use the remote control function in the App for the Joey. The batteries in my remote were dead, and rather than run out to the store immediately to buy more, I figured I could just use the app. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the app to control anything other than the Hopper. Everytime I tried to change it, it crashed.

I'll make sure I keep my software up to date, and I'll watch for a new release of the Dish app in the next few weeks. If I still have the problem a month form now, I'll post back here in this thread.