Dish Anywhere crashes on IOS when selecting receiver

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Anywhere crashes on IOS when selecting receiver

rwrogers
Character Actor

I have had this issue for a while with the Dish anywhere app on any of my IOS devices. I have 2 hoppers and 2 WiFi joeys. When ever I try to switch to a different Hopper in the settings section under Live TV and DVR the app crashes. It never shows anything but when selected closes the app.  I have tried reloading mutiple times on all of my devices with no success. Is this a known bug and is there a fix coming?

Thanks in advance for your reply. 

14 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere crashes on IOS when selecting receiver

DISH Employee

Hello rwrogers.  We haven't received reports of this specific issue causing the app to crash. Are you able to switch between the receivers without any issue through the website on a computer? Have you had a chance to try this on an Android device as well?

rwrogers
Character Actor

I can switch between receivers on the web site just not on any of my IOS devices. I have tried Multiplbe deivces but all do the same They crash when I try and select a differnt receiver. I do not have any andrios devices to try.

DISH Employee

Ok. Thank you for that information. I will be escalating this to our Engineering Team to review what could be causing this issue. Can you send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit Pin on the account so I may do so?

To send a Private Message:
1. Make sure you are signed into the Communities page.
2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
3. Click Compose New Message.
4. Enter the recipient's name (JasmineD) in the Send to area.
5. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
6. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
7. Then click Send Message

dbrowne67
Extra
I have been having this same issue for a while as well. I have a multiple Hopper setup and the Dish Anywhere app crashes whenever I try to change from the current Hopper it is on. Hope this can be fixed soon it has been months since I have been able to switch Hoppers.

Thank you for your response

DISH Employee

Hello, dbrowne67. I definitely hope our Engineering team can find what's causing it and resolve it quick. I do want to collect some information that will help with finding the cause. All your help is greatly appreciated! Are you using iOS devices too with the same issue? 

dbrowne67
Extra
Yes, iPhone and iPad, both crash when trying to change between Hoppers. Both devices are on iOS 11.4.1.

DISH Employee

Thank you for providing that information, dbrowne67. Do you have the latest version of the DISH Anywhere app? Can you tell me what version your Hoppers are? You can access this information by press the HOME button 3 times or Menu button twice. 

dbrowne67
Extra

The apps on the devices updated today to 7.17.2 and the Hoppers are on U703. 

DISH Employee

Thank you again, dbrowne67. I would like to forward this information to our Engineering team, and add your account to it. Can you send me a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN please?