Dish Anywhere crashes on IOS when selecting receiver

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dish Anywhere crashes on IOS when selecting receiver

rwrogers
Character Actor

Just as a FYI, I have another Ipad 4 with a older version of IOS 10.3.3 which does not crash and allows me to switch Hoppers.

rwrogers
Character Actor

I have the same versions as well. 7.17.2 on the app and U703 for the hoppers

DISH Employee

Thank you rwrogers. I got that report sent out for you. There have been a couple of reports so far so as soon as our Technical Operations team gets a moment to review what's going on, they'll get to work on replicating the issue to find a solution.

rwrogers
Character Actor

Hello ReyU . Can you provide a update on the progress on this at all?

DISH Employee

The latest update we have is that it has been sent to the engineering department for research. At this time I don't have an exact eta when the fix will be released.

MB
Extra

I have been having this same issue for months. I have a 3 Hopper setup and the Dish Anywhere app crashes whenever I try to change to a different Hopper on all iOS devices (iPhones and iPads).

I can change to any of my 3 Hoppers when using Dish Anywhere on any of my Mac computers but iOS devices crash everytime!!

Absolutely no excuse for Dish taking this long to fix this very frustrating issue.  I've been a very loyal customer for years but Dish's inability or lack of caring enough to get this fixed in a timely manner has me thinking it might be time to vote with my pocket book and move on to a service that at least places some value on customer sevice!

Dish Anywhere v7.20.0

iOS 12.1.3 (16D5032a)

DISH Employee

Hello MB. I certainly understand the importance of having all of your features being fully functional. We are aware of the app crashes on the IOS devices. This has been brought to the attention of our engineering team, and they are working on developing a fix for this issue. I'd be pleased to review your account to see what options are available for you until we can get this issue resolved. Can you please send me your phone number, and 4-digit security pin in a private message so that I may access your account? 

Highlighted

robertkoors
Extra

I have been having the same issue since last summer.  Is there anything anyone can do to allow this to Work?   To only have access to one receiver is not acceptable.  

robertkoors
Extra

Is this only an iOS issue?

MB
Extra
For me it’s only an iOS problem. On OS X it works fine. Not sure about android or windows.