Dish Anywhere constant buffering on phone

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Anywhere constant buffering on phone

seagull13
Extra
Why when I use my phone's data to watch Dish Anywhere does it constantly buffer? I hear two words then it buffers. Repeatedly. It only works when I am connected to my house Wi-Fi. Help!?!!
5 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere constant buffering on phone

DISH Employee
It might be because the data streaming strength of your phone service may not be enough for the DISH Anywhere content. SD content requires 250 kbps and HD content requires 500 kbps.

seagull13
Extra
I don't think that is the issue. From what I can research the download is fast enough from cellular service for streaming. Also I don't have issues with other streaming apps like NBC, Fox ect.

DISH Employee
seagull13 wrote:
I don't think that is the issue. From what I can research the download is fast enough from cellular service for streaming. Also I don't have issues with other streaming apps like NBC, Fox ect.

The buffering, is it from programming on the DVR, VOD content of the channels you're subscribed to?
Does it buffer using your phone browser www.dishanywhere.com ? Is your phone and the DishAnywhere app up to date? Have you tried the app on another phone or tablet?

seagull13
Extra
All content from Dish. And yes updated. Even tried deleting app and re-downloading it. Didn't do anything.

Community Manager
Community Manager
What speeds are you getting on your mobile device?