cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dish Anywhere cannot access DVR recordings

tpribors
Audio Engineer

This has been down for two days now, and was down one day last week.   I can access live TV from the DISH ANYWHERE App on my Android Tablet so I know the app and Hopper are working.  But when I try to access the DVR section it just spins forever with the "loading" circle spinner.   It happens on both my Samsung phone and Android Tablet.

This is not the first time. I thappened one day last week but was working the next morning.

7 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere cannot access DVR recordings

DISH Employee

Sorry to hear about this Tpribors! 

There is actually an on going issue right now that is affecting Dish Anywhere and preventing customers from accessing the DVR recordings.  Our engineering teams have been engaged and we hope to have a resolution as soon as possible.

sfmadmax
Extra

I just spent 2 hours with a dish tech telling me that the problem is my computer an alas, I come across this thread with acknowledgment from dish the problem exists.. I feel better now,  

Same issue for me,  The DishAnywhere.com  Guide, says..  Loading Content and circle spinner just twirls endlessly, I can't load the DRV Menu either.

-s

Roadijeff
Cinematographer

My DISH Anywhere was acting up on my PC yesterday, too.  I tried to open the guide and it eventually came up with a message of something like "No content available".  I just tried it again and it seems to be working OK now.

tpribors
Audio Engineer

I fail to understand why the WAN (wide-area-net, ie, "internet") is involved in this path at all.   The client (tablet) and server (Hopper) are on the same wifi network.  What has to take a trip up and back on the internet?  Why isn't this locally served?  I certainly hope that the actual playback is conducted over the local network although I've not checked to see if upstream/downstream traffic is involved. 

tpribors
Audio Engineer

PS.  Indeed, the service seems to be working again, although today I noticed alot more of the pausing/stuttering waiting for streaming, again making me wonder if this isn't all about the WAN.

tmk40126
Extra

I too cannot see my DVR recordings online (Dish Anywhere) on my PC (WIn 10 64 Bit, Google Chrome).  They show on my iphone but not on my my computer.  Its September 2019... has this "Ongoing Issue" been fixed?

@Jason_C wrote:

Sorry to hear about this Tpribors! 

There is actually an on going issue right now that is affecting Dish Anywhere and preventing customers from accessing the DVR recordings.  Our engineering teams have been engaged and we hope to have a resolution as soon as possible.

Roadijeff
Cinematographer

@tmk40126 wrote:

I too cannot see my DVR recordings online (Dish Anywhere) on my PC (WIn 10 64 Bit, Google Chrome).  They show on my iphone but not on my my computer.  Its September 2019... has this "Ongoing Issue" been fixed?

I normally use Firefox to browse the internet. Out of curiosity, I downloaded and installed Google Chrome just now, after reading your message.  I then used it to log into my MyDish account and access my Hopper 3 DVR on my desktop PC running on Windows 10 64-bit. 

I could see all of my recordings and I clicked on one of them and it started playing, no error message or anything.  After that, I pulled up the Guide, selected a channel and started watching it live, no error message.

Granted, I did this all from home but it is going through the internet, not my home network.