Dish Anywhere bug on IPad, says no results found in Recordings

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Anywhere bug on IPad, says no results found in Recordings

lynnrob
Extra

I'd like to report a bug in the Dish Anywhere application on IPad.

I can successfully watch my shows on my IPad using the Dish Anywhere app, but I have a problem viewing the list of recorded episodes with only a couple of specific shows.   The problem is that when I try to view my recordings for those shows, the right hand side panel says 'There were no results found in RECORDINGS'.    However, on the left side, I can see one episode listed, only the earliest episode (and I can click on Watch to successfully watch it).   If I delete that episode (the earliest one), then I see the next earliest episode on the left side and still none on the right hand panel.   There actually are many episodes recorded for these shows.   On my IPhone using Dish Anywhere, I can see the full list of recorded episodes for these shows.   I do not have a problem seeing all episodes on my TV when using my Hopper and not the Dish Anywhere app.

This problem does not happen for most shows.   For me, it happens only for two shows: ''ABC World News Tonight wVD. Muir' and 'Last Word wVLawrence O'Donnell'.   Notice that the names of these shows are both long and the unusual thing they have in common is that they have a 'V', where probably a '/' is supposed to be.   I'm assuming the show's name is supposed to be 'Last Word w/Lawrence O'Donnell' for example.   I'm guessing that when a show's name has a special character (slash), it encounters a bug in the IPad app. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dish Anywhere bug on IPad, says no results found in Recordings

DISH Employee

Awesome! Just so that we can get information on what resolved your issue, did you upgrade the DISH Anywhere app's software to the most current version? 

14 Replies

DISH Employee

Hello lynnrob, we would be happy to look further in to this for you. How long have you noticed this issue?

lynnrob
Extra

I had just encountered this bug for the past few weeks.  The good news is that I just tried upgrading, and that solved the problem.  Thanks!

DISH Employee

Awesome! Just so that we can get information on what resolved your issue, did you upgrade the DISH Anywhere app's software to the most current version? 

lynnrob
Extra

Yes, the most current IPad version fixed the issue.   Sorry, I should have tried doing that before creating my first posting.

DISH Employee

It's no problem! This is what our Communities is for. This can potentially help another customer if they are having the same issue. We appreciate and encourage you to reach out at any time! 

redlite
Costume Designer

I have this same issue, I can only see the latest episode of a show when there are more than 1 recording. It only seems to happen with older recordings. This first started happening in May right about the time that I had to login every time I opened the app on my iPad. It’s still happening and the funny thing is that it’s the same shows that my Hopper w/sling won’t open the episodes, this problem started yesterday. If I use an Android device, I can see the shows on Dish Anywhere app. Just not on Apple. 

DISH Employee

Redlite, what is the software version of the DISH Anywhere app on your iPad?

redlite
Costume Designer

Dish Anywhere app - 7.15.6

IOS - 11.4.1

DISH Employee

Thank you, Redlite. There should be an update for the app with software version 7.17.0. Are you able to update the software?