Dish Anywhere buffering issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Anywhere buffering issues

Sqieke
Extra

At least 3 times a year I ask Dish to invest decent $$ into the Anywhere service advertised as a priceless feature. Truth is, it's terrible. Buffering every 2-4 minutes. Unable to pause, rewind, or FF. Stops mid program and must start completely over. I watch 90% of the time IN my home, in room without tv. It's NOT my internet as I have zero problem with other on demand services such as Netflix or HBO go. Everytime I reach out, I'm told "we're working on it". Ive had it since inception so im pretty sure its a lie. Closer to cutting cord all together. Rates rise every year. 75% of channels are worthless, but Dish has made sure popular channels separated into multiple blocks. ESPN making up majority of costs and no longer want to support an entertainment company dictating politics. Dish needs serious change to put customer needs ahead of suppliers.

I have 1 year on my contract, but will be done if improvements aren't made to significantly improve Dish Anywhere. It's worse than VCR tapes skipping!!

3 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere buffering issues

Chadt4141
Casting Director

I’ve been using it for over 6 years, back when it was Dish Remote Access and DishOnline, and never had issues with it. There was an issue with firetv recently, but I believe has since been resolved. May be your router.

Sqieke, what type of devcie are you having trouble on and what is the OS?

---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

Afw28
Extra
To all who have a buffering issue. I installed a VPN and that took care of my buffering issues. Why I don't know but it works for all my devices. Any one will do. I use Touch VPN, a free one from the play store.