Dish Anywhere app problems

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dish Anywhere app problems

DISH Employee

Peterdaniel, the minimum requirement for watching DISH Anywhere video, no matter the device, will be 800 kpbs (SD) and 4 Mbps (HD/HQ).

To change the picture quality, select the program you want to watch, select watch, if applicable, select watch on device, select the full screen icon, select the video mode button, then select your desired video mode. 

dstay61
Character Actor
What good is transferring movies to my phone if I can't watch them without an internet connection? If I had an internet connection I would just watch it from my DVR

DISH Employee

dstay61, thanks for reaching out! If you transfer your recordings to your phone, you would just need to make sure you are logged into the DISH Anywhere app before you lose Internet connection to your phone. The app will then move to an "Offline Mode", where you are able to watch your transferred recordings. 

dstay61
Character Actor
Fantastic! Thanks for the response

Boone812003
Extra
Yes I have the same problem but does nothing about it.

DISH Employee

Hello Boone. I know how frustrating this must be. I'd be happy to work with you in troubleshooting this issue to see if we can get this resolved for you.  

Jinro
Extra
I found an answer...your supposed to go on a cruise to get off devices...not get on!...Enjoy the time away, those movies can wait.

boonedocks
Costume Designer

I think the real problem here is that DISH refuses to recognize that the failur to offer an "off-line" sign in that only accesses your transfered videos is a TREMENDOUS ovesite.  Having to make sure you are logged in and then disconnect from the interenet JUST TO BE ABLE TO WATCH YOUR VIDEOS rather than being able to log in offline is a total failure on the programmers side.  

dstay61
Character Actor
You're right but I have a claustrophobic issue when I'm flying and I just need to watch movies to keep my mind occupied on long flighta

kat
Extra

for some reason it works good on my lenovo chrome book and i don't know why but hey it does u can watch live tv or your dvr any thing u want  but u would have to get a chromebook that has google play store avaliab i have tried it on windows laptop and it works ok but u have to go to dish site and say if u want to watch your dvr recordings u slect the one u want to watch i also have an android program on my laptop but dish don't work on it so i guess it's chrome for me