Dish Anywhere app problems

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dish Anywhere app problems

DISH Employee

Check your app store to see if there's an update, if not you can try this workaround:

Connect to internet > open app and login > while the app is open, disconnect from internet. 

If you haven't, you can also try uninstalling and re-installing the app as well.

Kirk_L
Extra

I have just purchased the HopperGo and I have the same problems decribed above . I will return it within the 30 day window and wait for DISH to correct the problems. How did DISH allow this bug to occur - a common problem like this should have been found in pre-market testing. 

redlite
Audio Engineer

Sorry PhoenixM, this is not a workaround. If you connect to the internet, logon to the app, then disconnect the internet, the app closes and reopens, logging you off. So you’re right back to where you started.

celand88
Character Actor

Hi WatchingInMN, I too began having the same problem with my dish anywhere app about 4 weeks ago.  Transfering my content to my iPad to be watched later in offline mode (without an internet connection) has worked flawlessly for two years.  In fact, it has been one of the bigest compliments I have given about DISH to my freinds who were considering moving to DISH.  However, beginning approximately 4 weeks ago, I started experiencing the same problem you describe in your orrigianl post.  It is extremely frustrating!  Why allow me to download my shows from my DVR to one of my devices, and then require me to connect through the internet in order to watch the shows I havr arleady downloaded?  Total BS.  And after reading the HopperGo solution above, it Wreaks of a ploy to get customers to purchase the HopperGo, similar to Apple's sudden "battery problems" in old devices as soon as a new iPhone is about to be released in order to make them purchase new iphones.  

I feel your pain WatchingInMN, and if DISH cannot fix the dishANYWHERE App soon, it might be time to switch back to DirecTV.  DirecTV has an App too, and their App works as advertised!

DISH Employee

Hello, celand88. I can completely understand why this would be frustrating. This feature is supposed to work is scenarios where there is no Internet and it's not. I can assure you that this not our intention. We don't want to force our members to buy another product to have it work like it is intended. This seems to be a issue with the current version of software. Our Engineering Team is working on a fix as we speak. At this time, we don't have a timeline for a scheduled fix. I know 4-weeks is a long time to wait, and we appreciate every minute of your patience you have given us. If you have any feedback, such as, what device this is occurring on and what version that device is. This could help immensely in isolating the cause. Hopefully, we get this resolved shortly!

If you come across any other issues, please let us know and we would be happy to help resolve them.

celand88
Character Actor
This problem is being experienced across all on my platforms; iPad Pro ( newest model), iPhone X, and iPhone 7 as well. Again, the app worked perfectly until approx 4 weeks ago. Then the failure to launch in offline mode began across all of my devices about the same time.

DISH Employee

I will make sure to forward this along. I understand it is likely cross platform. Any information may be useful in getting to the solution. Thank you for your feedback!

Maci4599
Extra
The timing of this issue is terrible. On a cruise with my family right now and discovererd this nice little “bug”. I spent a week getting movies transferred to the HopperGo before we left only to discover it needs an internet connection to check-in before we can actually watch any movies on a device who’s sole purpose is to work without an internet connection! Internet is $30 per day, per device so the HopperGo is completly useless at this point. When will an update be available?

DISH Employee

At this time, our Engineering Team is working on an resolution. Currently, the fix date has not been set, but the team will continue to work on work on it. 

Kbernard
Extra

Ok so I had same problem as others.  I transferred to my iPad to use while traveling off-line and suddenly it would tell me I had to login. So the fix is this, when you are at home keep the dish app open and turn off Wi-Fi and the dish anywhere will go into off line mode. Then leave home and unit can now open dish app Anywhere in off-line mode. If you happen to open  dish anywhere under an Internet connection while you are away from home, make sure you turn off the Internet connection before closing out the dish anywhere app so that it goes into off-line mode first. This solves the problem and you can watch your transfers anywhere without an Internet connection. Just make sure that the dish anywhere app goes into off-line mode by leaving the app open when you are disconnected from the internet