Dish Anywhere app problems

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dish Anywhere app problems

glennhejny
Extra

I downloaded ExpressVPN app on my ipad, fixed my dish anywhere problems instantly

catarroja
Camera Crew

Cannot connect Dish anywhere since day 1 when I was trying to connect when I was in Florida I talk to several online support and phone for over a week nobody can help me .keep saying my internet issue .I am now home and still having this issues it has been almost a month now and this spring I will be going up north for the Summer and I don't know what to do if  they cannot fix this issues. I only been with Dish for 4 month and this is getting in my nerves.

I never had this problem with Derict TV and I used there app for 2 years for months in Florida and NH.Is this just false advertising  from Dish For Dish Anywhere ?

Just for the record I have Xfinity internet and my  internet  is very fast doesn't go down under 100 Mbps wireless.Also I checked the Hopper with Sling and Joey if they connected and they are I reset them and my internet also I connected Ethernet cable to the Hopper from modem/ Router hopping it would make a difference but it didn't,so I don't know what to do next.

DISH Employee

Hello catarroja, are you getting a particular error message on your DISH Anywhere app?

catarroja
Camera Crew

Wow.you are absolutely right although I only been with this for 4 months I also want to disconnect my service,but I will wait untill end of this month to see if they can fix my issues.cannot connect to Dish Anywhere wich they advertise.maybe file a lawsuit they will stop repping off there customer.many people has been complaining about there service  and I don't think they should charge you for disconnection for over 2 years servicel I thought it was just 2 years  contract then you can disconnect without penalty. I don't have a lot of money but I will pay the penalty just to get red of  stress .I will be going back to direct TV maybe or get comcast. they offer samilar app.thank you for info.

catarroja
Camera Crew

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Same questions. What is your upload speed at the home location, and what is your download speed at the use location. You can test both at speedtest.net. In addition, it would be wise to test what kind of signal the shopper is getting by running a speed test on the Hopper as well. And the lawsuit would be fruitless as you have an arbitration clause.
Highlighted

catarroja
Camera Crew

Yes, Error 6 

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Need more info on your error 6. Is that when you attempt to run a connection test?

catarroja
Camera Crew

When I'm trying to connect.I do check my internet speed 2 times a day with ethernet and wireless from my laptop.Here the thing I always use my laptop wireless from my modem but since I have extra extender router I did plug that in,so I thought will do to try to connect outside my modem network and  guess what my Amason kindle fire got connected and thats outside frequency of my modem the cell phone and laptop was getting Error .I dont go anywhere very much only to my doctor and when I go with my husband to the store I always stay in my car because I cannot walk very good. When I was in Florida  in my car I can watch web sites rerun from nat geo but I cannot connect to dish anywhere.

The other thing I would like you to know is since I connected the Ethernet from Modem with router to Hopper I can connect All my device to Dish Anywhere to wireless modem but the thing is I don't watch Dish Anywhere here at home in Alabama I have TV to watch on bed.Keep trying to connect to second router Laptop and cell cannot connect only my Kindle Fire and my Lenovo Tab 4 10 10.1" TB-X304F I 7.My conclution is my Dish anywhere has a lot of figuring out why my cell phone and laptop will not connect on wireless network outside my network modem frequency.I know it's not the hopper I question about the card (I don't know what you call it.)or your programing I know it's not mine because I have and downloaded everything I need,removed them downloded over and over,reset modem reset hopper and joey over and over so tell me what else to do and I will try it,after all I am an old woman cripple and nothing else to do.

I almost forgot I also download Fire TV Stick from the Hopper that also cannot connect.I did set it up on my spare TV in my Dinning room (not connected to anything) I connect and watch on Prime TV on it but cannot connect on Dish Anywhere it saying "cannot locate the reciever.Please make sure that you correct the reciever ID and that your reciever can connect to the internet" and on my laptop encluded Error6 Is that a joke while other can connect and others don't?That's you people need to figure it out.Iam tired of talking on the phone with you all and tired of chatting online just let me know what the solution and if there something I can do I will do it beside using my thumb those are also disable,I cannot also see very good thats why I need my laptop hooked up on TV. that is what I'm doing now my laptop hooked up on 40 in.tv and magnify 110 so I can see better and after a while when eyes get very tired I see double so chatting is very difficult please don't ask my husband to help he is very illiterate when it comes to this "don't even know how to delete messages"he get so mad when I ask him to help me out.he always refuse. I will be spending summer in NH and I need this to work before I go you see I spend weeks in Florida in the Winter Also.I sign up for this because very good advertising about Dish Anywhere,I have 4 channels I watch most of time at night and those are all animal related channels and wild outdoors.I don't watch News and movies or soap opera those are depressing for me .so just get Nat Geo Wild Channel,Nat geoAnimal

DISH Employee

Good morning, Catarroja. We hate to hear that you've been having issues with your DISH Anywhere. When you try and access the DISH Anywhere, what message do you see on the computer or the TV when you're using the Fire Stick?