Dish Anywhere app problems

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dish Anywhere app problems

redlite
Visual Engineer
iPad with iOS 11.4 and Dish Anywhere app 7.15.6. Just goes right into offline mode. Works fine again

redlite
Visual Engineer
Totally closed Dish Anywhere app, turned off iPad wifi, restarted app and it went to OnDemand page and I was able to go right to Transfers.

Kassern
Extra

Hi,

I can't open Dish Anywhere on my laptop either. It doesn't respond.  I went to settings and when I tried to open the file it said that the file was not found.

MK

DISH Employee

Hello Kassern, I am sorry that you are having issues with the DISH Anywhere App. Can you tell  me what browser you are using?

celand88
Character Actor

FINAL UPDATE:  I originally posted in April 2018, after already experiencing WatchinginMH's same problem for the month prior and while trying to be patient with the DISH team to develop a resolution. After an additional 3 months of DISH failing to meet their contract obligations, i.e. providing me with DISHanywhere service as advertised, I finally disconnected my DISH service today.  Funny part was that even though DISH failed to provide me with the services contracted (DISHanywhere service) for February 2018, March 2018, April 2018, May 2018 and June 2018, they did quickly enforce their early termination clause in the amount of $313.70.  I had been a loyal customer for over 2.5 years, and upgraded some of my equipment, also at significant costs, earlier this year. 

Doesn’t seem fair or right, and it is certainly not a good moral decision on their part in my opinion. I did request that the termination fee be waved because DISH has failed to provided contracted services to me, but my request was quickly denied.  Also, I was again offered the opportunity to “purchase” additional equipment, the HopperGo solution which reminded me of Apple's battery life scam everytime they release a new device.  And finally, I was also provided with the VP’s email address in case I wanted to make a complaint.  The email address provided by the DISH rep was DISHcares ‘at’ dish.com

It is probably as legitimate an email address as their DISHanywhere service is….

Good luck with the rest of you still struggling with the DISHanywhere service.  I’m off to repost my DISH experience in Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn to start. It just takes one tweet, right?

boonedocks
Costume Designer
App Still Does Not Work.

As a side note I have “remember me”’checked yet it still asks me to sign in way too often. To top it off the app doesn’t even support iOS Touch ID or Face ID

redlite
Visual Engineer

I have been able to get my iPad to connect to Dish Anywhere app with no internet or using HopperGo intermittently. Sometimes it will and sometimes no go. However, a new problem has surfaced. I went to transfer some programs that had numerous episodes and iPad only showed the latest program even though there were 10 episodes. It shows 10 episodes on the DVR list but when you open, only shows the latest one. My fix is to transfer only one episode from my EHD, wait one day and then transfer that episode to my iPad. Then transfer another to DVR. It will take me 13 days to transfer a 13 episode series to my iPad. I used a Samsung Galaxy using Android and it showed all the episodes. I was able to transfer to my HopperGo and my iPad will show all episodes. This started after the latest update.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Read your contract, first. There is no contractual obligation, as it is specifically covered in your contract. The termination fee is contractually valid.
Highlighted

peterdaniel
Extra

Hi SamF

I just wanted to share with you and the community, my frustrations with Dish in general and the Dishanywhere APP.

Dish itself put out a list of the "minimum recommended connection speed" for application services and the different levels of signal quality (HD/HQ) and (SD/SQ)

This list says the minimum for SD/SQ for watching Dishanywhere on a computer is 800 kbps and for HD/HQ 4Mbps. For some reason this is substantially higher than the requirement for a tablet/smartphone which is only 250/500kbps respectively.

Some time ago Dish decided, in apparent cooperation with Apple, to remove the ability from paying customers to live stream from their Iphones to a television, hence the demize of the "flash adapter" and my ability to watch the news on my Samsung Television instead of my Iphone.

Now I have reverted to watching on my desktop computer, and depending on the bandwidth, sometimes it is so choppy it isn't worth watching.

I know my internet leaves a lot to be desired (Consolidated Communications) DSL, but it certainly maintains a level of 800kbps.

Does anyone know if Dish is only broadcasting Dish Anywhere in HD/HQ or is there somewhere a customer can actually choose what quality they want to watch in?

Thanks for any help anyone might be able to provide//

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
You can change the pic quality, there are theee options I believe. HQ, SQ, and Auto. Select SQ.