cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dish Anywhere app problems

OSUTATER
Character Actor

wrote:

"Thank you LatrishaR for replying to me so quickly. However, you don’t understand my problem. For years I’ve been able to connect my iPad to my Dish Anywhere app with no internet at all. For example on a plane. Now, it keeps logging me out for some reason. If I do have internet and am able to logon, as soon as I disconnect from internet, the Dish Anywhere app closes and won’t let me logon until I have internet again. If I use my Hopper Go and I don’t have other internet, I am unable to logon at all. This just started about 10days ago. I was on a cruise for 5 days with no internet until April 27 and was able to use my Dish Anywhere app with no problems. Now, I have problems. I have taken some screenshots but have no idea how to load them. I also have no idea how to pm you from this forum"

I am having the exact same issue and it is infuriating. In the past with no internet connection, you could open the Dish Anywhere app and it would go straigh to the "Transfer Menu" now it won't get passed the start up screen and I can't watch anything I downloaded.

DISH Employee

Osutater, we certainly would hate to lose you as a customer. This is currently a known issue and has been sent to our engineer team. A work around we have seen that works is to open the DISH Anywhere app while the tablet is connected to Internet, then while the app is open, disconnect from the Internet. This should keep you logged in when offline. I do hope this help while our team actively works on finding a solution for this issue. I will reach out to you in Private Message, so we can add your account to our report sent to our engineer team. We appreciate your patience.

Highlighted

OSUTATER
Character Actor

wrote:

Osutater, we certainly would hate to lose you as a customer. This is currently a known issue and has been sent to our engineer team. A work around we have seen that works is to open the DISH Anywhere app while the tablet is connected to Internet, then while the app is open, disconnect from the Internet. This should keep you logged in when offline. I do hope this help while our team actively works on finding a solution for this issue. I will reach out to you in Private Message, so we can add your account to our report sent to our engineer team. We appreciate your patience.

How am I supposed to do this when I'm in a place with no Wifi such as a plane, or in a car on the road? This is the problem. The Dish Anywhere app is suppossed to work anywhere adn it certainly used to. Now it doesn't and the app is useless.

DISH Employee

This issue is currently a known issue and we are looking into the cause. We would appreciate any additional feedback about this issue on this post. The more information that we are able to gather about the issue will help our Engineering Team isolate the issue.

redlite
Audio Engineer

ChristinaW, unfortunately as soon as I disconnect from internet, Dish Anywhere app will close, my only workaround is to use my Hopper Go. I can logon with internet, then switch to my Hopper Go WiFi. I then have to go to my WiFi settings and have my iPad forget the other internet it was using. I can then turn off my Hopper Go and Dish Anywhere app will go to offline mode. Not sure how long it will stay logged in.

DISH Employee

redlite, thank you for trying this workaround. This feedback is absolutely necessary to ensure we find an accurate resolution as quickly as possible.

rocknrolz
Extra

They just fixed it! I'm at the airport now, and just downloaded an update from the play store. I just tested it, and I can now view my transfers in offline mode just like I used to. Thanks for the quick fix Dish!

redlite
Audio Engineer

Rocknrolz, are you on an iPad? I see play store and think google play for android devices

rocknrolz
Extra

Yes I appologize, I am on an android and have had the same problem over the past week. I'm sure an update will be coming to IOS if it is not there already.

Allen22
Extra
I’m having the same issue on my iPhone and iPad. I was planning to use this for an upcoming trip. Has there been a fix?