Dish Anywhere app problems

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dish Anywhere app problems

DISH Employee

After reviewing the issue that you are experiencing with getting the offline message when watching transferred recordings, I am showing that this issue has been reported to our Engineering Team, and they are currently working on reaching a resolution. We currently do not have an estimated fix date, however, we do have one reported work around that may resolve the issue: 

You can connect to the internet, open app and login. While app is open, disconnect from the internet. 

This may help to resolve the issue. In the meantime, can you send me a Private Message with your phone number and 4 digit PIN on the account so that I will be able to add your account to the report for the Engineering Team?

redlite
Audio Engineer

Thank you LatrishaR for replying to me so quickly. However, you don’t understand my problem. For years I’ve been able to connect my iPad to my Dish Anywhere app with no internet at all. For example on a plane. Now, it keeps logging me out for some reason. If I do have internet and am able to logon, as soon as I disconnect from internet, the Dish Anywhere app closes and won’t let me logon until I have internet again. If I use my Hopper Go and I don’t have other internet, I am unable to logon at all. This just started about 10days ago. I was on a cruise for 5 days with no internet until April 27 and was able to use my Dish Anywhere app with no problems. Now, I have problems. I have taken some screenshots but have no idea how to load them. I also have no idea how to pm you from this forum

Highlighted

DISH Employee

Hello you can send us a PM by following the steps.

1. sign in to the community.

2. click the message count or envelope icon to go to your private messages inbox.

3. click compose new message.

4. enter recipient's name in the send area.

5. enter the subject for the message in the message subject area.

6. type the reply in the message body editor.

7. click send message.

I hope this helps. Please send us your phone number or account number in a private message with your security code to further assist you please.

boonedocks
Camera Crew

I have the same problem.   DishAnywhere always signs itself out and requires me to sign back in.   Bad enough on a regular basis for no apparant reason but VERY annoying when traveling and no internet connetion is available and all of your transfered shows are unavailable due to forced signing out signing in requirements.    Why can't the device be authorized once an only require resigning in very infrequently?  Makes no sense. 

DISH Employee

Boonedocks, this issue has been reported to our Engineering Team and they are currently working on a resolution. I can add your account to the report. Please send me a Private Message with your phone number and 4 digit PIN. Thanks!

redlite
Audio Engineer

I went to PM and typed in LatrishaR to send to and it just said searching for users and never found you

DISH Employee

I will escalate that for sure, thank you for letting us know, redlite. If you still need to PM us, please go ahead and try either my name or KeplerA and see if that works. 

redlite
Audio Engineer

JasmineD, I tried you and KeplerA and not able to send PM, can’t find anyone, just keeps searching for user in the address field

DISH Employee

Hello, redlite. That's really odd. I have received a few messages today. Go ahead and click New Message and in the Send To bar try, CalebS. It may take a couple seconds to load my name. Tell me if that works better for you. 

OSUTATER
Character Actor

I'm having the same issues. Been watching shows on planes for years and now I can't. This totally 100% sucks. If it doesn't get resolved soon, I will cancel Dish. This is the only reason I keep it.