Dish Anywhere Won't Load DVR Recordings When Using Browser

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Anywhere Won't Load DVR Recordings When Using Browser

610Drew
Extra

I've tried multiple browsers on multiple devices on multiple networks but cannot seem to get DishAnywhere to show my DVR recordings.  I can stream live TV.  I can see timers and daily schedules.  And on my Android and iPad devices, DishAnywhere works fine using the app.  But when using either Chrome, Edge, or Internet Explorer, if I click DVR and My Recordings or PrimeTime Anytime, the browser just "hangs" while trying to load my recorded shows.  I've even tried putting my Hopper 3 in my router's DMZ which should forward all traffic to the Hopper 3 but no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might get this to work?  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?  Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks,

Drew

10 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere Won't Load DVR Recordings When Using Browser

DISH Employee

Hey there, 610Drew! I am sorry to hear you are being affected by this. This is something that our Tech Ops team is aware of this issue and they are working hard for a permanent solution.

To make sure you are added to the list of people affected by this, would you please send me a private message. Here are the steps to send a private message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

SATORI425
Camera Crew

Same thing here, after switching my network around a bit. Everything else works great, but now Dishanywhere.com's DVR function is 100% broken, saying the DVR is not online. But the DVR itself can do VOD, Netflix, etc and even passes diagnostics in settings. AND apps also work fine, it is just the browsers on computers that don't work at all. Please help, I used to use the function all the time to watch things on my DVR while working at my computer!

DISH Employee

Hi, SATORI425. Can you tell me what browser you are using? I understand you are seeing this message with the DVR, are you seeing any sort of messages when you are trying to view live TV? 

SATORI425
Camera Crew

I have tried both Mac and PC, Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

I can get the guide up, but when I try to watch something live I get:

Your Hopper is currently offline and needs to be connected to the Internet to watch Live TV and DVR with DISH Anywhere. Please use this link for instructions on how to reconnect your Hopper to the Internet.

Or when I select DVR I get:

Receiver is OfflineYour DISH receiver must be online to access this feature. Please make sure your home's high-speed Internet access is functioning properly, and that your receiver is connected to the Internet.If this problem persists, the following steps may help resolve it:

1. Unplug your receiver's power cable for 10 seconds, then plug it back in
  2. Unplug your Internet router for 10 seconds, then plug it back in
  3. Try to manually reconnect with the button below

DISH Employee

Thanks for the information! Have you been able to reset your router and Hopper box together? For example, unplug both, then plugging back in the router, then Hopper? 

SATORI425
Camera Crew

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I have reset the Hopper many, many times. I have also reset all my network equipment, not just cycling of the power but hard resets back to factory settings and re-setup from scratch, multiple times.

I've noticed "Hopper2-br" in my DHCP Table. Does the Hopper only establish a single IP on the network, and might it help to assign a static IP to it and put in DMZ?

Thanks again for your attention and help.

Trebor

DISH Employee

It should only have one. If you are seeing multiple ones, it is probably pinging the Joeys to ensure that the MoCA network has connectivity and it logs it into the nethealth. Unfortunately, there is not a way to stop that. By chance, is this same thing happening on other devices, such as a smartphone or tablet? 

SATORI425
Camera Crew

"might it help to assign a static IP to it and put in DMZ?"

FYI - I just tried this, reset everything, and it didn't help at all.

- Trebor

SATORI425
Camera Crew

Other devices running apps (not the browser-based interface), both Android and iOS (phones & tablets), all work 100%, and have since the first day of installation.