Dish Anywhere Mirroring issue on iOS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Anywhere Mirroring issue on iOS

Lynn
Extra

iOS 11.5.2, ipad purchased November 2017. Want to watch programs through Dish Anywhere app. Connected iPad to TV using Apple digital AV adapter and HDMI cable. Getting an error message: “Cannot watch video while screen is being captured”. The Dish app works when not connected to adapter and cable. Other video apps (HBOGO, STARZ) work with the adapter and cable. Dish network tech support says this, “Regretfully its a restriction between our app and the device but to further assist you can contact your device manufacturer to see if they can remove the restriction.” Apple says no restrictions because other video apps are working.  Does anyone have this issue?

Tags (3)
5 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere Mirroring issue on iOS

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Lynn.

This issue has been addressed on the latest update. Double check that your DISH Anywhere app is up to date. You should be on version 7.9.0. 

Woo
Extra
I am having the same issues as Lynn with my iPad 2014 version. The iPad will not stream using HDMI lightning adapter to my tv and come up with a message saying " You can not watch video while schreen is being captured", I have the latest Dish version 7.18.9 and the latest iPad iOS update12.0.1.

DISH Employee

Woo, this is definitely something we need to get over to our engineering department, as it sounds like the communication from the application to the cable being used is not compatible. 

Are you able to view the DISH Anywhere application on other devices without issue? Also, are you able to view other applications with this current set up?

Woo
Extra
Yes I am able to use the set up with other apps and yes the dish anywhere app works when it it is not using the adapter.

DISH Employee

Okay. Let's get this reported to our engineers to see if other people have informed them of this issue yet. Could you please send me a Private Message including the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account so I may access your information? 

https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039