Dish Anywhere IOS app Videos won't play

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Anywhere IOS app Videos won't play

boonedocks
Costume Designer

For over a week now when trying to play videos within the Dish Anywhere iOs app on my iPad I get the spinning circle int the center of the screen.  This happens to about 3/4 of the videos that have been transferred.  Some from the same television series will work and some just stall with the spinning circle.  There is no correlation as some of the videos are older and some just transferred and but randomly will not play.  

Anyone else experienced this and have a possible fix. 

23 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere IOS app Videos won't play

DISH Employee

Hey there, boonedocks! That definitely seems strange and we would love to investigate this further with you. Do you get the same spinning circle if you access the DISH Anywhere website instead of the App?

boonedocks
Costume Designer

I only use the Dish Anywhere iOs app as I transfer my videos to my iPad Pro to watch show while traveling. 

DISH Employee

I understand. Which iOS version is currently running on your iPad?

boonedocks
Costume Designer

13.1.2 (17A860)

DISH Employee

We have received reports previously of iOS 13.1 not working well with our App. The workaround that has resolved this for most people is to download the newer iOS software 13.2.

boonedocks
Costume Designer

That would be nice if it was available.  Could you tell me how to get an unavailable version?

"Get the latest software updates from Apple

Keeping your software up to date is one of the most important things you can do to maintain your Apple product's security.

• The latest version of iOS and iPadOS is 13.1.2."

DISH Employee

Since you are unable to get the new beta iOS version 13.2 that was recently released, I will forward this up to our Engineering Team to let them know so they can investigate this further. In the meantime, you might try to use the DISH Anywhere website. 

boonedocks
Costume Designer

I am able to get the beta version HOWEVER the last time I was using the Beta iOs the Dish Anwhere app was completely unusable.  I was told I would have to restore to the "non beta" iOs to be able to use the Dish Anywhere app.  After doing that I had to restore and guess what?  Every recorded show was gone.  I had 90+  recorded videos to watch while traveling and they were unrecoverable.   

ARE YOU SURE THAT THE BETA iPadiOS will NOT make the Dish Anywhere app unusable???

Also how do you use the Dish Anywere website to watch recordings while flying?  

DISH Employee

As we have no control over the iOS versions, we can't guarantee that the newer software will be 100% compatible with our App at this time. This is just the workaround that other users have discovered helps with their DISH Anywhere App issue. Our Engineers are still working to get a new App version out to work better with the iOS 13 software.

The website would only work while connected to the Internet and some airlines do offer WiFi as an option.