Dish Anywhere Error 2

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Anywhere Error 2

tanyamc70
Extra

I can't connect to DVR from my new Dell laptop with dish anywhere. I have a green light next to the receiver name in lower left. I can connect to the receiver from other devices so the receiver is on the internet etc. I have tried firefox, chrome, and edge. Firewall is set to allow the app private and public. Any suggestions? It is a Dell Inspiron 7000

Tags (2)
9 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere Error 2

baldman1
Audio Engineer

Have you tried uninstalling the video player?

tanyamc70
Extra

Yes, and reinstalled. THanks.

DISH Employee

Hello, tanyamc70. I am sorry to hear you're having some issue connecting to your DVR from your laptop. Is it giving you an error message when try to connect to it or are you seeing it just loading infinitely? 

I have the exact same issue and DISH was no help whatsoever.  Since mine is also a Dell, I suspect it is a problem with only Dell products.

DISH Employee

Hello CommunityName, we definitely want you to be able to enjoy your services. Can you tell me if you are getting any error codes or messages when trying to connect? Does it just spin, or does it go to a black screen?

You aren't aware of the Error 2 issue?  It says

"There was a problem connecting to your DVR. (Error 2)".

My guess is it's a problem with your product interfacing with Dell computers.  Why else would tanyamc70 and my Hopper connect to everything except a Dell computer?

It trys to connect and then says

There was a problem connecting to your DVR. (Error 2)

Please verify your computer and DVR are connected to the Internet. If the problem persists, reset your DVR and modem/router and try again.

I am astonished that DISH isn't aware of this problem.

Highlighted

DISH Employee

Thank you for providing the additional information. The questions asked are so that we can gather as much information as possible in search for a resolution to your concern. I know it is frustrating, but we are working on getting this issue resolved. 

rwkhaus
Extra

Guessing this Still has no fix?  I too am on a Dell in my office.  I was watching dish anywhere for years, up till about a month or so ago.  Now I get ...   This really SUCKS...

There was a problem connecting to your DVR. (Error 2)