Dish Anywhere Constant Buffering Problems

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dish Anywhere Constant Buffering Problems

Bglasco1
Extra
There is no update available. Also, we were told that the new releae was going to be released today. Where is it?

Sorry for the confusion on this!  We did send the release to Amazon, but it turns out that they hold it for a week before actually releasing so they can make sure it is valid.  2.1.12 should be available soon though.  I would guess around Monday.  This update on the Fire Stick will resolve this buffering issue for our customers to enjoy!

---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

tpribors
Audio Engineer

I am using the Dish Anywhere app watching a live TV program (happens to be a channel received on the Over-The-Air dongle).  The frequency of buffering is very high today, and just a few minutes ago the spinner came up and about 2 minutes later the "connection failure" notice came up.  I tried to reconnect and there was the hang after identifying the device but couldn't connect to the Hopper. I went to the TV connected to the Hopper and it was rebooting already (crashed, I didn't have to press the reset button). 

DISH Employee

If the Hopper is rebooting like this, it would be an issue with the Hopper we need to address. When the Hopper reboots, the Dish Anywhere App can't pick up a signal from the receiver to stream from. When it was rebooting, did you notice if the Power light on the front was flashing or solid?

Small update on this!  The estimated fix date for the Amazon devices is now 3/30.  Thank you for your patience in this matter!

---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

hap7007
Extra

As of today, I just tried to updated Dish Anywhere App. on Amazon Fire TV Stick. I used it for 2:00 hours on two different recorded programs on DVR. There was no issue with buffering problem.

in past, I had terrible problem to resolve this issue for last two months with Amazon and Dish technician experts. 

I hope it works!!! Amazon Fire TV is a great product if it works with Dish Anywhere App. in the future. I will keep you updated.

Additionally, Dish anywhere app. does work with desk top pc Windows 10 OS, it displays smaller screen and poor resolution, 720p~. With (iPhone + Apple TV), iOS it displays full screen and higher resolution (1080p). For both, there are no issues of buffering.

i used Ethernet cables for PC and Apple TV. For Fire TV and iPhone Wi-Fi was used with internet speed of 50 Mbps download and upload.

Tags (2)

DISH Employee

If you are Windows 10 be sure to open Internet Explorer instead of Edge as it is optimized to run on Internet Explorer. 

Joe
Character Actor
Just set up Fire Stick and Dish Anywhere. Buffers every 10 minutes. We have a new Hopper 3. How do we fix?

DISH Employee

Joe, can you check to see what software version you have for DISH Anywhere on your Fire Stick? 

Joe
Character Actor
Using 2.2.3 version