Dish Anywhere Constant Buffering Problems

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dish Anywhere Constant Buffering Problems

DISH Employee

The scheduled fix is just for the app. 

If you are seeing issues with the app connecting when the Hopper is showing an error message or needs to be rebooted, that is a different problem then what the fix will resolve. 

How often are you needing to reboot the Hopper? Have you gotten any error messages today? Is the remote still responding slowly when you try to access the Guide or change the channel? 

tpribors
Audio Engineer

I had to reboot the Hopper yesterday morning.    The slowness of the remote is for getting to any of the menus and then navigating through the menu.  The particular one I can think of is the "home" menu with the system status and trying to navigate to the network status.  All operations were really slow like the processor(s) were stuck in some high priority task.    I'll try the new app tonight and wait for the 3/23 udpate (which I assume is a hopper update).   

Thanks for keeping us up to date.

DISH Employee

Let's verify to see if the issue may be the remote and not the Hopper. If you use the buttons on the front panel of the Hopper, does it move through the menus just as slowly? 

tpribors
Audio Engineer

I would have to wait until the next time it happens.  Hopefully if these updates really fix the buffering problem this second issue goes away.   I'll let you know.

DISH Employee

Ok! Definitely let us know if the issue continues so we can work towards getting it resolved for you. 

tpribors
Audio Engineer

Regarding the buffering and the app updates.  I've been using Android 5.9.6 for a few days now and I don't think the problem is solved at least not with the app only.    My Hopper 3 is running software U510 3/12/2018 11:50PM.   I still get the pauses at about the same frequency as before, and this is watching a variety of recorded and live programming.  I also see a "video quality" alert in the upper left.  Sometimes I have to select SQ playback which reduces the frequency of the pauses.  However, I do observe that the app is much more resilient in riding through the pauses.  I just got a pause followed eventually by "reconnecting"  which it was able to do and for which the previous app hardly ever recovered.  

So the question to the Dish folks is whethere the app alone was intended to fix this or if a Hopper update is required as well?

DISH Employee

The update to the app was to resolve a known issue for customers that had the recommended internet connection speed at both the Hopper and the mobile device but were still experiencing buffering. 

Are you still getting an error at the Hopper or any issues with slowness when using the remote? 

What is the current upload speed at the Hopper and download speed at the mobile device? 

tpribors
Audio Engineer

So far the Hopper has not frozen.  In the past the Hopper freeze up was always accompanied by a "reconnecting" that also failed (probably due to the locked up Hopper).  So far the only "reconnecting" event was recovered.    I'll keep monitoring that and report. 

Bglasco1
Extra
How do we get the workaround version on the firestick. I have version2.1.10

DISH Employee

Firestick has a setting/update menu to check or perform updates.