cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dish Anywhere Constant Buffering Problems

Dbugman
Camera Crew

NOT!!!!!

Today is June 23, 2019 and the problem still exists. More smoke.

Dbugman
Camera Crew

It has vbeen over a year and we are still getting promises of "the fix is just over the horizon".

DISH Employee

Good morning, Dbugman! We hate to hear that you're still experiencing issues with your DISH Anywhere not working. Our Engineering Team is working very hard to get this issue resolved as soon as possible.

tpribors
Audio Engineer

@Dbugman wrote:

I have had this problem for many, many years and for the longest time Dish went through the troublrshooting routine and said everything seemed to be working OK (with their equipment). I finally read somewhere that Dish's recommendation to fix this problem is to change your internet connect to a system that requires greater download speed. In most instances you can get a good connection only when the rest of the family is sleeping and no one is on the net. Sp, you will just have to grimmace and live with it until DISH figures out how it is going to give it's customers what it has been promising customers is already there.

Dbugman

What you say is true in one usage model.  There are two.  The first is the one you reference, where the client viewer is remote - ie, you're visiting another location and you access through the path Hopper->local net->Internet->local net->tablet.  But most of us are referring to the usage model where the Hopper and client are on the same subnet - ie, both Hopper and client are connected to the same wired/wireless router.   There shouldn't be any "internet" path; I certainly hope not.  This should be local traffic only. 

Highlighted

tpribors
Audio Engineer

@JakeB wrote:

Good morning, Dbugman! We hate to hear that you're still experiencing issues with your DISH Anywhere not working. Our Engineering Team is working very hard to get this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Forgive us if we remain skeptical.  Please don't tell us again to uninstall apps, reboot the Hopper, and any of a dozen other obvious things we've all done dozens of times.   We've heard "they are working on it, expect a fix any time now".  I first reported this problem BEFORE this version of the chat forum.  That's been what, two years now?   Either you've been not reporting the problems to your enginnering group and this forum is a waste of time, or the engineering folks have been told to leave it alone.  I've changed my usage pattern to my two-hour remote session from live viewing to remembering to transferring recorded programming to the tablet. 

Dbugman
Camera Crew

Oh, I'm sorry. I guess i was looking at someone else's i Pad because my problem exists when I am away from home as well as when I’m sitting in my office at home listening to the news while working. Actually, I’m TRYING to listen to the news. It comes and it goes and then it just GOES!!! Numerous times an hour. What excuse do you have for that. BTW, I have the same problem with the wireless system provided by AT&T and with a separate woreless system. Of course, that is connected through the AT&T system as well. Still waiting for a fix to the problem.

DISH Employee

Hey, Dbugman! I know I like listening to my local news while working as well so I can understand that it can be frustrating to have the connectivity come and go a lot. Let's go ahead and take a look to see about getting back to work. 

Can you send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN? Here is a link that can help you send a private message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

mcgrew77
Character Actor

I did some experimenting just to see if it was the app or the hardware.  I’ve tried the DISH Anywhere app on a few different fire sticks and a couple different android TV boxes. The same buffering issue exists on all of the above! This is complete BS! A large company like Dish should be able to get their app working properly and it shouldn’t take over a year to do so. 

Dbugman
Camera Crew

BS to your claim.

I do wish you people would quit making excuses for your employer and listen to the people out here with the problem.

I can't get much loser to the WI FI than the 20 feet away when I'm in the office and I only have one Modem to connect to. I purchased the much more expensive router to try to aleviate the problem but that didn;t help. It is a problem fou us in that we dan't afford to purchase the highspeed upload service from the internet providers. And our other problem is that Dish doesn't care.

Now, come back with more of your BS and embarras yourdelf in from of then people who will be reading this later on.

DISH Employee

Dbugman, we'd like to take a closer look at your issue and do what we can to get it working! Can you send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN? Here is a link that can show you how to send a private message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039