Dish Anywhere Constant Buffering Problems

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dish Anywhere Constant Buffering Problems

DISH Employee

We always strive to provide you with top of the line equipment and a monthly rate that you are comfortable with! I would be delighted to take a look at your account with you to see what we can do to achieve this so we can continue to provide you with service for many more years to come. To access your account, please send us a private message with the phone number and 4 digit security code.

To see step by steps instructions on how to send a private message, just click here: 

Abritton
Extra
I use the dishanywhere app with my Amazon fire stick on my TV. I have awesome internet speeds and never have issues with netflix or other apps buffering, but dishanywhere buffers constantly. Your fix last March, mentioned above apparently didn't work. So frustrating. I would really like some answers.
Highlighted

tpribors
Audio Engineer

First you've got to get Dish to even admit there is a problem, and it seems as with many issues getting this issue in front of the engineering folks that might be able to fix it is being held by the gatekeepers here.  It's been going on for over a year now. 

As of 2/2019 the buffering issue continues with Dish Live TV but not the Streaming issue. It shouldn't have to be this hard to fix it. Any ideas how to fix on a tv?

I am having the same issue with firestick. No hopper. Just live tv and a spinning wheel. My internet speed is not the issue.

DISH Employee

Is this while trying to view live TV? What happens when you try viewing a DVR event?

tpribors
Audio Engineer

For me it happens with both live TV and a recorded event.    Hopper SW Version U531 1/24/19, 11:35PM (and all previous versions since first reported).   Android tablet running latest Dish Anywhere app.

DISH Employee

Thank you for this information! This is currently the latest software version. Do you get any picture at all, or is it solely buffering?

tpribors
Audio Engineer

It is unfortunate that we have to go through all of this every time.  I had reported this problem before you switched to the current "forum".  So it's been going on for a long time.   The history is around.  I'm not the only one.   Briefly,

1.  When watching recorded or live the "spinner" will come up.  Playback pauses.  Sometimes for only a brief flash, sometimes for many seconds.  Sometimes the programming resumes as though it were paused, sometimes it catches up to real time.

2.  SOmetimes the link fails for a long time and then the "reconnecting" message will come up.  Sometimes it is able to reconnect and resume, sometimes not. If it doesn't reconnect forcing the app to quit and restarting may or may not work.  If not the dish box has to be restarted.

3.  Sometimes the app freezes for an extended period (spinner).  Force app to quit and the progress of connecting stops.  When this happens the dish box is also frozen.  The dish playback will freeze on both the hopper and joeys.  On the hopper the remote is unresponsive and keypad on the hopper is unresponsive.  By unresponsive I mean it may take several minutes for something to happen.  I know a runaway CPU loop when I see one.  Only way out is to reboot.

I can't believe we are a year from this instance report, still getting asked the same questions,  and no closer to a resolution.  Has this problem ever really been reported to the engineering team?  I've offered to help diagnose this problem several times. In a former life I was a Dish supplier and would have worked this through our joint lab.

DISH Employee

I would like to submit additional feedback for this report. Can you please send me a private message with your account number and security code?